A little pamphlet I typed up for my buyers

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...KziNZv_R7-3U3NIL4/edit#heading=h.yyabi6d8c5p7
    I typed this up in my google docs, because I had a buyer last summer that was new to goats. She already had 1 mini munchie, that was SO adorable, but she sent me pics over the phone and I could tell she needed minerals. that is when I had the idea to type this up and give it to all of my buyers. When we met, she was just the sweetest lady, and she asked alot of questions that I appreciated, and i gave this to her. A few days ago, she sent me pics, and I am happy to say, everybody is doing AWESOME!! If yall want to, yall can go ahead and print this out for your buyers!

2. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

That’s a really good idea! Unfortunately, my device won’t let me open it. From what you said in your post, it sounds like it would be a good thing to give new TGS members as well. I’ve noticed that a lot of new goat owners forget how important minerals are, and your article sounds like a really great reminder!

3. Oliveoil

Oliveoil Active Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I agree this is a good idea. When I started with goats no one told me anything about minerals, so I had no idea how important they were. Unfortunately, because of this, I did have some issues with some goats and everything I now know about minerals I've learned from this site and research.

CaramelKittey likes this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Cannot view, but it is a great idea. ;)

5. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Same! This really is a great site to learn, and the people who help new members learn are great too! I recommend TGS to everybody I know who has goats!

6. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    I always print up a sales document, and add care guidelines. Unfortunately, not all buyers think stuff is important, and then they call..... I've recommended this site to all my buyers, I think maybe one has bothered..... very upsetting...

7. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    How would I be able to post it on here?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :(

The Goat Spot - Your Goat Raising & Owning Headquarters - Error

The requested page could not be found.

9. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    nope.... that one didnt work.. I'm DETERMINED!!

10. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Ok, that last on works for me, does it work for yall?

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nope, try snipping tool.
    Or get a screen shot.

12. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    It doesn't work for me:( It gives me a request access page

13. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
  14. Oliveoil

Oliveoil Active Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
  15. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
  16. Calistar

Calistar Well-Known Member

Great idea! Most of my buyers are first time goat owners, so I also have a document that I either email or print and give to them. I give an overview of how I care for my goats, what feed I buy (and which ones I avoid) and why, which supplements I use, which stores carry them locally, and which online stores I recommend. I also include my vet's information.

Most people mean well, but when they're just starting out they just don't know better. I think a lot of people don't even consider that goats might need extra minerals. I answer lots of questions when my buyers pick up their goats, but it's a lot of information for people to take in at once! The pamphlet gives them something to refer to later.

Edit: I was able to open your file and it looks great! I like your information on the specific minerals, and the emphasis on the importance of fecal tests and not deworming in a schedule.

17. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    You can always send ‘em over to me www.thegivinggoat.com if you think anyone needs some long term guidance!!