The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...KziNZv_R7-3U3NIL4/edit#heading=h.yyabi6d8c5p7
I typed this up in my google docs, because I had a buyer last summer that was new to goats. She already had 1 mini munchie, that was SO adorable, but she sent me pics over the phone and I could tell she needed minerals. that is when I had the idea to type this up and give it to all of my buyers. When we met, she was just the sweetest lady, and she asked alot of questions that I appreciated, and i gave this to her. A few days ago, she sent me pics, and I am happy to say, everybody is doing AWESOME!! If yall want to, yall can go ahead and print this out for your buyers!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That’s a really good idea! Unfortunately, my device won’t let me open it. From what you said in your post, it sounds like it would be a good thing to give new TGS members as well. I’ve noticed that a lot of new goat owners forget how important minerals are, and your article sounds like a really great reminder!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree this is a good idea. When I started with goats no one told me anything about minerals, so I had no idea how important they were. Unfortunately, because of this, I did have some issues with some goats and everything I now know about minerals I've learned from this site and research.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I agree this is a good idea. When I started with goats no one told me anything about minerals, so I had no idea how important they were. Unfortunately, because of this, I did have some issues with some goats and everything I now know about minerals I've learned from this site and research.
Same! This really is a great site to learn, and the people who help new members learn are great too! I recommend TGS to everybody I know who has goats!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Great idea! Most of my buyers are first time goat owners, so I also have a document that I either email or print and give to them. I give an overview of how I care for my goats, what feed I buy (and which ones I avoid) and why, which supplements I use, which stores carry them locally, and which online stores I recommend. I also include my vet's information.

Most people mean well, but when they're just starting out they just don't know better. I think a lot of people don't even consider that goats might need extra minerals. I answer lots of questions when my buyers pick up their goats, but it's a lot of information for people to take in at once! The pamphlet gives them something to refer to later.

Edit: I was able to open your file and it looks great! I like your information on the specific minerals, and the emphasis on the importance of fecal tests and not deworming in a schedule.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,455 Posts
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...KziNZv_R7-3U3NIL4/edit#heading=h.yyabi6d8c5p7
I typed this up in my google docs, because I had a buyer last summer that was new to goats. She already had 1 mini munchie, that was SO adorable, but she sent me pics over the phone and I could tell she needed minerals. that is when I had the idea to type this up and give it to all of my buyers. When we met, she was just the sweetest lady, and she asked alot of questions that I appreciated, and i gave this to her. A few days ago, she sent me pics, and I am happy to say, everybody is doing AWESOME!! If yall want to, yall can go ahead and print this out for your buyers!
You can always send 'em over to me www.thegivinggoat.com if you think anyone needs some long term guidance!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts