A nice suprise!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatshows, Jan 2, 2010.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    I sent in my doe Emily's registration to AGS to get her milk star added. all this time(over a year) I had always though Emily was a 2*D. I recieved her registration today in the mail and found out she is a 3*D. I guess her grandmother had a milk star all this time and I dident even know it!!! :ponder:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice surprise!

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh how cool is that?!

4. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Who is her gramma? :goattruck:

5. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    Gnome Rock Sabrina*D. I dont even know if she is still alive to tell you the truth, I dont even know who owns her. :whatgoat:

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Wow that is a nice surprise! I wouldn't mind finding something like that when I register my new does :laugh:

7. Well that is nice. Now for us dumb meat breeders what does this mean for you?

8. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    It means that she is a third generation doe with a milk star. If emily ever gives me a doeling and she gets her milk star she would be a 4*D( a fourth generation with a milk star. does that make sense?

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so neat.... :thumbup:

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh that is neat! :cool:

11. Oh, ok. That is cool. I figured it helped the doe some how just not sure how. Now how do you get a milk star? I am learning, hope you don't mind.

12. ENC

ENC New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    NE OK
    Agree with above. How do you get a Milk Star?

Evan

13. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I'm assuming more stars means a better milking background and they can be sold for more? :shrug:

14. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Sabrina is back at OMF- she was at Bombahook acres for awhile, but they are getting out of goats for now and she went back to OMF.

I am surprised Emily is a 3*D too because Sabrina is still listed as a *D and Im pretty sure Stonewalls India Wilkes never got her milk star or Halifax would have been a *S

15. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    I think what she is saying is that sabrina is a *D, sweet november is a 2*D and sweet Emily is a 3*D. :)

16. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

OHH okay- that makes sense!
    I read it wrong and thought Sabrina was emilys dam- gotcha!

Duh :hammer:

17. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I think the star has to do with how much milk she gives, correct? I can't remember if it's throughout the year, or if you get a gallon or more a day. I'm new to this myself. I just got my ADGA membership papers today! :D

18. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    Emily got her star in 2008-2009 through ags. she was a first freshner that milked over 500 pounds of milk throught her freshning and also got her star for butterfat witch she milked like 28 pounds of butterfat, all she needed was 25lbs throught her lactation. she got her star in butterfat and fluid milk.

19. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    Emily got her star in 2008-2009 through ags. she was a first freshner that milked over 500 pounds of milk throught her freshning and also got her star for butterfat witch she milked like 28 pounds of butterfat, all she needed was 25lbs throught her lactation. she got her star in butterfat and fluid milk.