a question on my site

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 7, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    So I have sold quite a few goats this past year (all but 2 actually!) and bought 3 more :) -- for those of you who would like a head count yes that is 5 goats for me currently, but I digress......back on topic....

So I have my site set up that you go to the girls page and then there are separate links to the does pages.

My question is this, I have my past does below my current does under the heading "reference does" I have a nursery page that names the mothers of the kids from 2008 (does I have sold) and I was wondering if I should keep the does pages on my "my girls" page or delete them all together. If I should keep them how long should I do so?

I feel so terrible deleting them though :( but of course they are not part of the farm anymore but I feel like I am being nasty to delete them, yes i know.... weird.

Should I just delete them and be over with it? I get so attached i know it is unhealthy!

http://www.endofthelinefarm.com

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i'd put them on a refrence doe page, and have an ansestory page?

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yeah, just make a separate page with perhaps a small picture and their pedigree/history. A "Past does" page or something like that.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would also just make a separate page for "Reference Does".

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would definately make a Reference Does page, but if not I would delete them or say something that says the doe was sold. :shrug:

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I have a reference doe page for just reference, then I have a previously owned reference doe page. Same for bucks. The link to those pages are on my reference page and the main doe or buck page.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yes....... I definitely agree with everyone .... :) ...it does need a separate reference does page...
    you can keep the past does on your website forever ...but have a past does page separate from reference doe page....... if they are not related to the current herd ...put them in past does page.......... :)

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is a good idea. I was keeping Gabe on the bottom of my buck page as a reference buck because he is Turner's sire. And now Joe and Lil Man - but I like the idea of a reference page for bucks and does.

Stacey, that would probobly be the best for ya!!!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have to delete mine because i have sold so many.

for some reason before I deleted them, I use to get a lot of request to purchase the ones that are already gone. They can not seem to real (SOLD).