A sad offer.....they r gone

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    As most of you know we are moving to Pa in July. We have been fighting a surprise deed restriction against having goats at all. Well today we got the final news on this and, for now, we are only allowed 2, not the 4 we have, and are not allowed to replace them. I am very upset about this, but at this time I am unable to fight the issue so here is the sad offer.....

I have to get rid of Oreo and Cookie our unregistered ND does. I am very sad, but I have to so if anyone wants them and can pick them up or meet me somewhere close to tucson they are free. The sooner I ge this done the less likely I will have to sell them for meat on craigs list. So please help me find these girls a home guys. :tears:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: A sad offer

aww. sorry you have to do this. hope you find good homes for them :hug: :(

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Oh Jason.....what a hard choice for you to have to make.....I am so very sorry. I am sure you will find them a loving home soon.....if I only had more room and lived closer :( .

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

I intend to report the realtor to the board of realtors after we get there as this mess is her fault, but till then I have to play by the rules. She has lied and mispoke since day one and we were unable to see it untill we were locked in with no other options. This is gonna make the rest of my work day quite difficult.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Jason, I am so so sorry for this. Did they say why goats are not allowed? Also why you could not replace them at a later date if needed?

:hug: I am so sorry. When we moved to the house we are in, the realtor that sold the house to us did NOT do half the things that were to be done and we had no choice but to move in anyway because the house we moved out of we sold it and we had to be out.

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

The other residents have stated that they dont want the goats replaced. They dont understand them they think they stink and will be left to roam and destroy their flowers. Since most of them are what we call snowbirds(they move with the seasons) we wont have the ability to discuss or prove differently for a while. I find it very sad that these people dont even care how the goats behave or are housed. Later I will explain it to them, but for now as you have stated my house in Az is sold, my wife's new job starts in Aug. and we are 30k invested in this with no refund if we bail. So the loss of the goats while heartbreaking is the only option. If we move out with them they can sue us and fine us plus destroy the goats.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Is there any documentation ...stating you cannot have all the goats? If it isn't stated ...under contract anywhere ...and you are in a certain zoned area....I do not see ...how they can take that right away from you.... :hug:

8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

Lots of documentation unfortunately :( . And we have been told by the title lawyer as well so we cant claim diddnt know.

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

I am so sorry, what a terrible thing to have to do. I remember reading your other post about it.

I wish Texas wasn't such a big state, or I would offer your babies a home, but its just so far to go, especially since we are clear on the other side.

I will pray you find a good home for them.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh ....I am so sorry... :( ..I wish I could help .....I will pray ...that all works out in the end.....and you can convince the neighbors... that the goats are not as bad ...as they think they are.....maybe.... if they are introduced to your neighbors and they can pet them....they will fall in love ...and want one of there own..... :wink: :hug:

11. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

That will be my aim after we get there.

BTW I just found em a nice home out here with a lady who has 3 pygmys now. She is a goat person and promised not to eat them.(she didnt know people did that) So they leave Friday this week :sigh: I hope that this is enough time for Luna to adjust to not havin them.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:thumbup: I am so happy... they found a good home ....but it is sad... at the same time..... :hug: I feel so bad.... that you are forced...to have them taken away....but in another breath....happy that they have a great place to go.... :hug:

13. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

Worse yet is I havent told the kids they are losing the goats. They are gonna be a mess.

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh man.... that is going to be devastating to them..... :( ....I am so sorry..... :( :hug:

15. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

I am thinking of you and your family. :hug:

16. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

I am sorry, What a Hard thing to do!! :hug: Praying for you and you family!

17. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

I'm so sorry! Praying for you and your family. :( :hug: :pray:

18. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

I am so sorry, it is a very hard thing to do. But luckly you found what sounds to be a great new home where it sounds like they will be well taken care of.

19. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

I am so sorry you have to give them up! How sad :(

I think I would be just livid with the realtor...I sure hope you can work something out once you get there.

20. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

Well I told the kids last night and shockingly they seemed to do quite well. There were some tears, but they got over it fast :shrug: go figure you think your gonna have weeks of cryin and they look at you and say "OK I understand, but why did the lady lie?" All I could say was I didnt know.

I have started looking into how to lodge a complaint with the Realtor's board and such. Its different than here, but after we get in out there I will ave some time to deal with this.