The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
14,802 Posts
Very pretty! Daffodils are my favorite. We have hundreds of them on our property that grow wild. Some I'd transplanted into the flower bed. Some bloomed about a week and a half ago, and the others have started blooming in the past week. I need to get out and get pictures before they start to wilt away!
The red buds have had huge buds on them for a while. We have some kind of flowering plant in our flower bed that seldom hibernates, and has had little flowers on it all winter! I need to find out what they are called.

During the spring meet at our local horse track (in April) I always get excited to see my favorite Tulip trees. It's hit or miss if they bloom really pretty or not, or if they bloom early and start to wither before I can enjoy them.

Flowering bushes at the track in April are stunning.

It's extremely hard to get pics with the bushes because they keep them trimmed low... (track is dirt now, was synthetic/poly in this pic). I long for something similar with the pretty dirt...

I'm definitely longing for those scenes. I like to sneak off during the smaller races that I don't have to cover, and just sit and enjoy. I love sitting under those trees and hiding behind those bushes and taking it all in.

Spring is definitely in the air now, not just with the daffodils. Temps are better, and now with daylight savings time...

·
8,394 Posts
We are still winter grey and my daffydills are 2" of little green spikes sticking up. Lake Erie (stupid lake) keeps us cold longer in the Spring, than the rest of the state.

Thanks for the Spring pictures. At least someone has color in the landscape. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
The robins have appeared here over the past week and this morning I noticed that "earthwormy" smell after a Spring rain. I'm so glad its coming, I'm sick of looking at brown and mud.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The robins have appeared here over the past week and this morning I noticed that "earthwormy" smell after a Spring rain. I'm so glad its coming, I'm sick of looking at brown and mud.
Huzzah! My yard and pastures are starting to get that wonderful shade of early spring green... though there's still plenty of mud underneath the grass.

·
14,802 Posts
Well, no spring horse track pictures since our racetrack cancelled the entire spring meet :'(

Spring is definitely in the air, but the rainy weather is making it so depressing and can't get out to enjoy it. Grass is really green, trees are getting leaves and flowers. We might get a break from the rain Saturday & Sunday, but it'll cool off into the 40s again.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, no spring horse track pictures since our racetrack cancelled the entire spring meet :'(

Spring is definitely in the air, but the rainy weather is making it so depressing and can't get out to enjoy it. Grass is really green, trees are getting leaves and flowers. We might get a break from the rain Saturday & Sunday, but it'll cool off into the 40s again.
That's sad about the meet cancellations. :( but probably for the best, all things considered. We've had rain, rain, rain, too. Just today, though, we finally had sun. I spent the whole day outside getting stuff done and it felt great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts