The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to warn people about the practices at Hoegger Supply. I placed an order over two weeks ago. Three days after placing that order I still did not see a charge for the order thru my card. I tried to call but the 800 number gave me a fax machine when it was supposed to be a customer service number.

Had to email and was told they would take care of it right away. Well they did that by charging my card and then never sent the item. When I had called to place the order (did so to make sure the item was in stock as I needed it pronto) I was told that everything I wanted was in stock. Called back about 2 minutes later as I forgot something (also in stock). Girl said she would take care of it.

Had to email again today (two weeks later) as the phone is continuously busy and asked where my items were. Was told thru an email that she was contacting the supervisor to handle it - then was told they were talking to the vendor to get the item. Still couldn't tell me when I would receive it. Ridiculously poor management in my opinion. Had to push for a refund that hopefully will go thru while I now have to search for my items somewhere else. Be warned!! I will be finding another source for my supplies as this was their second chance and they blew that too.

·
GreenTGoats
10,448 Posts
I think there are a lot of people now unhappy with Hoegger. I bought a disbudding iron last year, paid in full. It didn't come and didn't come, I sent them multiple emails, finally called and they said they were having trouble getting it back in stock or something. Shouldn't I have been told that at checkout? I still do not have a disbudding iron or a refund.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've had issues with them, too - they never seem to have anything in stock. Fortunately, I was able to call and cancel my order and get a refund. That was last year. They have some nice goat things listed for sale, but I don't order from them anymore because I never know if the stuff I order is ever going to arrive or not.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Yup, I ran into the same problems a few years ago and have never ordered since. I also don't like that they write supposedly educational blurbs in their catalogs to "help" owners when in reality all they are doing is pushing a product that you don't really need.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Has anyone, preferably everyone, let them know the bad experiences they've had? Is it possible they don't realize how many customers they're losing over much the same reasons you listed? (I too, have started shopping through Jeffer's because of the issues I've had with Hoegger.)

·
Registered
446 Posts
We have a Goverment section here call Consumer Affairs where you can lodge a compliant about whatever company and problems,consumer rights , and scams.Do you have anything like that? Im dam sure I would be complaining about money taken from my credit card and nothing to show for it :veryangry: One mention here of contacting and lodging a complaint with Consumer Affairs makes shonky companies sit up and take notice,teejae

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, we have not ordered from there anymore either. We ordered a hoof kit that came with the shears, hoof plane, hoof trimming booklet, and a bottle of hoof n heel. Well, we only received half the kit! We got the shears and hoof plane and never received the rest. We even called and they just said for us to buy that somewhere else! We didn't even get our money back:|

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.