A Way Better Way to Peel Garlic

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MellonFriend, Sep 26, 2020.

1. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

So I don't know if it's just me, but I hated how long it takes to stand there and peel garlic for my goats. I only have four goats, but that's eight cloves of garlic every time I wanted give it to them and sometimes if the peels were really clingy it would take me 15-20 minutes to peel all the garlic I needed. Not any more though!! Voila!

[​IMG]

I found this on amazon for around $5 and it works great! Just pop a clove in, roll it on a hard surface, and it's peeled! Takes like five seconds a clove. It's fun too. Just thought I'd share since it makes my life easier. :D

Angel A, HMNS, CaramelKittey and 7 others like this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Very handy tool. No smelly hands eithet

3. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    Wouldn't they just eat peeling and all?

4. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Lol, you have officially impressed the garlic queen!

That’s awesome!!

I love peeling garlic, I just stick a nail in and it usually pops off in one clean layer. However, this is very cool!!

5. MellonFriend

Usually the nail technique works, but recently we have had some very thin papery skins. I think this will come in especially handy as my herd grows.
    For some reason my goats don't seem to like the peel. Seem weird, but it's true.

6. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    That’s pretty cool! Might be useful for cooking too.

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the.info! Love the idea!

8. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! We have one from Pampered Chef but haven't used it yet! I’ve never given garlic to my goats, but I probably should!

For those of you who plant garlic, what’s the secret?:what: Mine won’t come up...

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  9. MellonFriend

What time of year did you plant it and where did you get your seed garlic? We bought ours just at the store in the produce section, but it has to be organic or it could be sprayed with something to stop it from sprouting.

10. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Plant it in the fall (Sept./Oct.). Cover it with mulch. It will put its root down and come up in the spring.

11. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the tips! Honestly I don’t remember where we bought ours. :haha: We bought it in cloves though. I’ll definitely remember to plant it in the Fall! We planted in the Spring last time.
    Thank you!