A year already? and another?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by RunAround, Sep 19, 2010.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    A year ago today I lost one of my favorite goats, Xcell. She taught me no amount of love, determination, blood, sweat and tears can save some. It was one of the hardest lessons to learn... and I still don't want to believe it.

She lives on through her son, daughter and grandchildren. Some of them have the same little quirks she did. It's neat to see.

The one thing I really miss about her is the way she would announce every kidding on the farm and would want to greet each kid, maybe even try to steal it. lol And yet for all the yelling she would do at every elses kidding she hated to let you know when she was kidding. She's the only doe who's kidding I missed, and I know she's proud of it. :p She was a bit crazy, but that's what I loved about her.

Rest in peace my girl, I know your up there right now with SunnyD who's life was way too short. But maybe you needed a friend to keep you company up there. :cry:

1/14/2007- 9/19/2009
    [​IMG]

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: A year already?

OMG WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WATTLE GIRL! Its always hard when the anniverserys some around :( HUGS!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Time sure flew.... seems like yesterday.... :( She was so beautiful....glad you have offspring out of her... to still have part of her with you....... :hug:

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

She was such a pretty, pretty girl.....wishing you happy thoughts and memories of your girl today :hug: ! Wow, hard to believe it has been a year!

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

:hug: for you Ashley, she certainly was a very special girl.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Looks like she really meant a lot to you. What a beautiful girl...at least you have a part of her through her kids and grandkids. That certainly makes things easier. Big HUG!!!

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Yet again, Another year has gone by. Xcell has more grand children to be proud of and I cherish every one of them. I almost lost three of them to poisoning this last weekend and I think I can finally breath again now that they have started to eat hay. They are still not out of the woods, but better.

I've been so upset with Xcell's anniversary coming up and all the girls sick!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  9. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    She sure was a pretty girl with some darling wattles. I'm so super sorry you lost her. :sigh:

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :hug: I hope your other goats have a quick recovery. I still remember Xcell. Such a pretty girl....i'm glad her kids and grandkids still live in your herd. :( :hug:

11. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :hug: I just love her story. I can see why you miss her. I love that she made sure not to tell you when she was kidding but snitched on everyone else. What a clown. Are her kin anything like her?

Gina

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Her son is just like her except that he is a lot more friendly since he was socialized as a kid. But no one snitches on kiddings like she did. You couldn't miss a kidding here when she was around, except hers!! I wish another would tell on everyone like she did, although it sometimes was a bit annoying because you would have more than 1 goat screaming it's head off. :slapfloor:

13. Mandara Farm

Mandara Farm Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Sorry to hear your beautiful Xcell passed last year. What a lovely tribute, and what a character she was. Glad your sick girls are pulling through!

14. Burns Branch Boers

Burns Branch Boers New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    North Texas
    :grouphug: I am so sorry. I can see she meant so much to you. It can be so hard to loose the ones we love so much.