The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a rather chilly start we are going to be back to normal today. 78 for a high today and tomorrow 81. Now that's what I like to hear... No more 30's and 40's for now. Maybe another cool down in a week or so but mostly good old Florida weather again. Thank you God!

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is 15 here.
This weekend is suppose to be bad. Saturday low -5 high 12 and Sunday low -12 and high of 3... Monday's high is 9....brrrrr I can't wait for spring to get here. LOL

Reactions: goatblessings

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
We have had a few rather warm days..now preparing for super cold and wet rest of the week.

Reactions: GoofyGoat

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the mid 70's all week this week... The goats are loving it... So are we. We'll have one or two more cool downs then spring will be in our midst... February is our spring month. The oaks will bloom, the orange trees will bloom and we will be in the mid 80's normally.. This is why I love Florida.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
We have had a few rather warm days..now preparing for super cold and wet rest of the week.
Us too, it's going to be horrid. I went to get straw and grabbed the last two bales they had and they're not getting more. Today I'm driving waaay out to grab three more bales because some of my does we're starting to lose their under coat...not happy :(

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Us too, it's going to be horrid. I went to get straw and grabbed the last two bales they had and they're not getting more. Today I'm driving waaay out to grab three more bales because some of my does we're starting to lose their under coat...not happy :(
Lots of pine shavings here. Thankfully everyone seems to have a full winter coat still. But my Goose Eleanor is already laying...I have no idea how a cold front will effect her eggs.

Reactions: GoofyGoat

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Lots of pine shavings here. Thankfully everyone seems to have a full winter coat still. But my Goose Eleanor is already laying...I have no idea how a cold front will effect her eggs.
Yep, I got 6 bales of shaving too. I don't have a goose, but our order for new chicks and ducks arrived yesterday and there's no way they'd survive in the coop so I have a bathtub full of little noise makers and between them and the heat lamps light...sleeping is not easy :(

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Oh fun lol

·
14,760 Posts
This is our forecast for the next week. Of course weather channel is always changing it. We had freezing rain the night before last, but thankfully it wasn't awful, but I think having some sleet helped keep it from being just a sheet of ice. This morning we woke up to a very light dusting of snow. Yuck. But... it is pretty this morning compared to yesterday morning, all of the trees have a white presence about them vs just a dreary 'clear ice' look.

upload_2021-2-12_8-27-51.png

1 - 10 of 10 Posts