The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are selling Pete, a buck kid out of our goats Juliet and Kansas, born 4/21/14. His ABGA papers are currently being processed, but with the combined pedigrees of his parents (Juliet has 6 ennoblements, Kansas has 10, including Ripper and Collateral Damage. Papers currently in processing), he is definitely an impressive little guy. He is a traditional, horned, 2x2 teated, has great conformation. He definitely inherited his sire's great looking head and neck, and has great potential for show or as a herdsire. His bloodlines would definitely be a great addition to any herd. In addition, He does have dapples in his ancestry through his dam, which can be seen by the couple of darker red spots he has on his neck within his cape. Great tail pigmentation. Has been shown once at a county show, and behaved well even though we hadn't really had time to really train him (Gotta love natural talent in a goat!). Great personality to boot. He has his hooves trimmed regularly, been wormed, and has had CDT. Asking $600. Photo taken at about two months old, he has definitely filled out more since then. Located in Beaverdam, Virginia.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone has any advice for ways I can sell this guy, that'd be great! Local sale Facebook pages and Craigslist haven't been successful thus far.

·
Registered
199 Posts
He is handsome. I just picked up 3 Boer does and if I didn't already have a Nubian buck...

Have you tried posting at Gilmanor Farms and the TS in Ashland? I know both locations have a local board. That may help!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
My advice is to get a current photo and take it at the goat's level rather than from above. It makes then look smaller when the photo is from above. Also include the full names and registration numbers of the dam and sire and maybe even a photo of each. If you know his weaning weight or current weight that is good information too. And will he be registered purebred or fullblood?

Best of luck!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I agree with salty. Other then that your add is very informative. Bucks are always the hardest to sell :( you can always squeeze another doe in but you only need so many bucks. But also place flyers every where. Feed stores, any place that has a board to pin it up. You would be surprised where you can catch someone's interest. I just sold a bottle baby that was advertised on a pet adoption group on fb. I thought it was a waist of time but it was t lol

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took new photos today! Darn ABGA still hasn't finished processing his and his sire's papers.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts