The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The link doesn't work for me. :(
One of my new registered doelings has 2 X 2 clean teats.
She has ABGA papers, so from now on, they are not taking that teat structure? Or that's just not "show" standard? :roll:
Sorry for dragging this back up again, I'm just sorta in a panic now.
Absolutely no offense intended to those who show their goats, I am all for doing what you enjoy and having fun. ^-^
It seems though that they (ABGA) are trying to breed out some of the more useful Boer traits in favor of them looking a certain way.
Like you know, enough teats to raise their multiples or long skinny necks on bucks. :hair:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thank you Bit of everything! :hi5:
I didn't think of going to the ABGA site to read the rules. ^-^'
It's been a crazy day already. :hammer:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thank you! They are twins.
I only actually ended up purchasing the less spotted one. (right one)
She is simply amazing! She had more of the width I was after and her sister was a bit more than I could bring myself to spend right now. :sigh:
I think Cindie still has her if you're interested. Though that's pretty far away and still expensive. :(

I am really gonna have to stay more on top of this ABGA rules thing now I think. Good thing I found TGS!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Probably too far away just like all the other adorable spotted ones I find. I don't mind traveling a little bit but I have a 4 hour one way limit I'm afraid. If gas prices were lower I just might go further.

Yeah the price of them scares me a lot. Might be why I still don't have one.

It's tough staying up with all the rule changes. I've got double duty we raise Boer's and Nubians.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts