The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Oh no, geesh. You need to call them and tell them. REMEMBER to write down who you spoke with. You'll have to send the papers back so they can fix them.

We had this happen earlier this year. I had a vent type post in the meat section of the forum about it not long ago.
Sent the does IBGA papers & ABGA application first week of Feb. had little setbacks here and there. FINALLY last week of May my daughter gets the ABGA paper, except they had my son as the owner and my daughter as the breeder! So we had to call then send it back to get fixed.

Very frustrating.

This is the part I don't like about registries. Proofing? What proofing? :( I do know they have a lot of new people in the office, and everyone does their best. But this appears to be a common problem.

·
Banned
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Candice! This was the first time I had sent papers in so at first I second guessed myself thinking I didn't send in everything I was suppose to but I know I did cause I checked numerous times cause I didn't want something like this to happen. So a phone call to ABGA it is. Thanks again!!

·
14,760 Posts
Yep I hear ya. Oh, and always scan and copy every paper you send to them <or any registry> so you can look it up in the event there is ever a mistake.

My son is waiting on the last of his papers, the info is in the computer, just waiting for the actual papers to arrive. I have to admit they are really on a roll, as I think the 2 goats were in the system within about a week.

Accidents happen though, so I won't knock them, but they need to be proofing this owner/breeder part carefully, seems whoever is proofing must be looking at the names and not noticing what order they are in?

·
Banned
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent the papers back today to be corrected. Im very impressed with them. The lady I talked to said to send them to her an she would make sure they were corrected for me an was super nice! Thanks for the replies!

·
Banned
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok Im not impressed with ABGA anymore. I sent my papers back to be corrected an now they want to charge me 5 more dollars calling it a transfer. They sent me an attachment saying that they didn't charge me for the papers that I had to send back in. Again calling it a transfer. I sent in 9 papers an the attachment showed that. They think that I sent 2 more papers in besides the 9. Out of the 9 I had to send 2 back b/c of the mistake that ABGA made. So frustrated. My first experience with ABGA has not been a good one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts