The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get our buck and does registered as we have kids born now (I’m a little behind). I’ve joined ABGA, I have the registration applications for each goat filled out by the breeders we purchased from. I’ve filled out my part of the form. So I send those applications in and do I also have to send in transfer forms? One breeder gave me one filled out (she said just in case they wanted it?) I do not have transfer forms for the does. There was a herd name listed on the bucks application where I list his given name after it but the does name line is completely blank. What do I put before their given names? Anything?

Last question! The whole percentage situations are confusing to me for some reason..our buck is registrable at 75% and all of our does at 50%..what does that mean for the kids we have born?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You only need to send in the application for registration.

If the breeder didn’t fill out the herd name, then you don’t need to add it. Just fill-in your desired name.

You add both the sire and dam’s percentages and divide by two. You will have kids registerable at 62.5%.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thank you! Is it correct that our buck must be DNA tested for his kids to be registrable? And do I have to wait for his registration to be completed before requesting the DNA test?
No problem!

Yes, he must be DNA tested.

Yes, you need an ABGA number to request the DNA test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts