The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent in paperwork to the ABGA to transfer ownership of 3 does. That was over 3 months ago and 4 phone calls and a letter. They received all my paperwork and my check but i did not get anything from them. Seems its my problem that i did not receive it and according to them very stubbornly i need to send them another check to "Request Copies" of paperwork they sent that never got to me. :mad:. It seems im responsible for their personnel mailing documents and who ever they used as a carrier also.

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
Wow, that is something else. I would start reading through their rules and see if there is anything you can do about it besides sending another check. Unless they can guarantee that they actually mailed it, that would be unacceptable.

·
14,760 Posts
OMG no way, I would have hit the roof. Who did you speak with? I would go straight to the top of management if you haven't already. If they won't do anything then, I'd probably take it publicly <facebook is a good place to start!> and see if they take any action, but hopefully you won't have to go that far.

These papers are not cheap and it's their responsibility to make sure things get to you, just as you are responsible for things getting to them.

·
1,524 Posts
I know a lot of people who have changed to USBGA because of the customer service at ABGA. I always had problems with them when I had Boers registered with them. I swapped the papers to USBGA and loved their service.

·
14,615 Posts
ABGA is behind by at least a couple of months right now.
I finally put a RUSH order on mine; sucked it up & paid the $5. Got them back in about a week after sending in $ mid June. It was mid July when I requested the RUSH & had a show the following week.

ps, If you can register on line the turn around is a whole lot faster

·
14,760 Posts
I think they were saying that ABGA said the paperwork was already sent back to them, but they never received it and ABGA doesn't want to resend the papers.
Unless ABGA has proof they were sent, then they need to resend the papers.
If the papers were done in the last 4 months, IMO anything could have happened to them especially if they had such big changes in their office, and are so behind.

Trust me, we've had our fair share of bad luck with getting things done too, my kids had to transfer their goats over from IBGA, plus registering some babies, etc.
We just sent off the last doe to be transferred's paper, and a paper to register his new buck. Praying to get them back hopefully by Oct. so we know everything is good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts