The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
We raise goats, chickens, soon to be cattle with a few human kids in the mix
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a newbie, starting out our herd. Our first doe was bought from a high schooler I'm assuming a failed project. Anyways I've tired to contact her since about info on the goats genetics and no dice. I had this doe bred this year to a papered buck, from what I've gathered, they kids can be registered 50% because of the dad. My future buck and doe purchases are already coming papered to avoid this but my question is, of I pay to have my original doe tested and she is a certain percentage pure Boer would she be able to be registered percentage with ABGA?

Thank you for all insight, I'm sorry if that was a rabbit trail question 馃槀 this is what I'm only buying papered animals for our farm from now on but I would like to get all my animals registered somehow

Registered
Hello!

Unfortunately, if you do not have signed papers from the original breeder or current registered owner of the animal, you cannot get their papers. Additionally, DNA only verifies parentage of animals already in the system. It cannot determine breed percentage.

Good news is if you bred this doe to a registered boer buck, you can still register the kids. You do need a service memo from the buck鈥檚 owner. Does can be registered 25% and up. Bucks can be registered 50% and up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts