The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a doe who will be 2 in February. Around maybe march this year she aborted small kids I don't know how far along she was. She now has been bred as of the first of September. This morning walked out and some red blood on her tail. Not as much as after they kid I would say half that amount if that. She is chewing her cud and now has some thick tooth past white discharge in her vagina.......kinda like what they get while in heat. She is not in heat the buck pays no attention to her and he has a harness on and she has no marking on her from him. Aborted? If so any idea of why? Last time I thought it was because she got knocked off a rock but. Last year I had 2 abort including her and a set of preemies so they are all on CTC. And last question.......there is urea in their proteins tub. I have heard of urea killing goats (never had a issue) but would it cause abortion after now 5 years of feeding it?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that why the CTC and I also give a round of la200 before they kid. But do they bleed when they abort that far along???? The block is gone.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very very sure of the breeding date. She has not been with a buck till the last 2 months and the bucks have the marking harness. The reason why I was wondering so much about if they bleed this little along was because after I got over being mad at her and telling her she was off to the butcher house I remembered when I was pregnant and had spotted and the dr said that was normal and is a sign things are settling. So was wondering if that happened with goats........sorry for the personal info lol

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True I just don't want to keep feeding something that doesn't want to pull her weight....ya know. I guess I'll wait and see. Thank karen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts