? about Buttin' Heads Goats

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Paige, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    So this spring I am thinking about a ND. I love them and I really hope I can get one. What I want to ask is what do you guys think of Buttin' Heads Goats? I have heard that they are really nice and I like them alot. Here is a link...
    http://www.buttinheads.com/

2. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    The owner of ButtinHeads passed away last week sadly. From what I've gleaned, they haven't made decisions regarding her goats.

3. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I saw a post the other day with a few for sale, I think the whole herd was going to be sold but I'm not sure I'd have to go read the add again

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Ya I heard they are selling all the goats, not sure when or where though

5. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Yes, Sue of Buttin' Heads did pass away last week.
    Sue will defintely be missed... She was a great asset to the Nigerian breed. God bless her family at this time of need.

(This is copied from another forum by Tom Rucker. For those who own Nigerian Dwarfs, you have probably heard of or met Sue. Tom's email address is [email protected])

6. CrazyAcre

CrazyAcre New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    I emailed Tom to inquire about a buck that I had talked to Sue about, and he has said that some will be available, but they are Not selling the whole herd.
    He did list some doe's for sale the other day on one of the yahoo groups that I am on. 2 bred doe's and 1 open doe I believe.
    Tom has already said that Wedding Song and her Dam will be staying with him for the rest of their lives. And he will still maintain a small herd and still show them.

Just thought I would clear some of this up.

They are very nice goats, I have 2 a buck and doe, out of Buttin Head's Pajamars, who's sire is a full brother to Wedding Song, just different litter.
    The thing I did notice with my two is that they were somewhat slow to mature, I'm not sure if this is common in these lines. But the doe I have has a gorgeous udder, she is October Hill Dancin' Pixie, and her 1st daughter will be freshening next month and I can't wait to see her udder. I'm hoping for lots of :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: 's as Pixie has given me 8 kids and only 1 doe so far...

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think if you contact the individual Tom mentioned and ask about any breeding you would like to make a reservation on he would add you to the list

8. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I am so sad to hear about this!! D:

I have Buttin' Heads Dulzipmer...and shes my pride and joy. I just adore her. Every time I see a Buttin' Heads I get excited.

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I was also devastated to hear about Sue. I used her as a mentor and was looking forward to her coming up to my place to show me how to draw blood. I have Satin Shamise, Surprise Surprise and Antinette Perry from Sue along with a couple of males. She will be dearly missed.

I'm sure Tom will need some time to figure out what he wants to do.

10. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Im also very sad about sue's passing. I have talked to her a few times and she was always nice and helpful to me. I so wanted to buy from her this year, but he will have all the older ones sold by the time I have any money to buy any. He did tell me that he would be retaining some and kidding them out and if I was interested that I could buy a kid. So hopefully I will be able to do that, but sure would have liked to add some of the older does to my herd, just cant afford it at the moment.

11. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Yes I know Tom but I had no clue that Sue had passed. The reason I know Tom is because I bought an oberhasli doe from him last summer. I was thinking about a doe from Sue though. I saw her over the summer and i helped her show some of her goats. :( It is very sad that she passed...

12. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

He has a listing of goats for sale on the yahoo group goatsohio.

There is an email for females and one for males. Just have to go through the listings.

I would love to buy another buttin heads goat but I really don't need more goats. But you can't help thinking about it.

13. nova2011

nova2011 New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    :( I am so sorry to hear about Sue--I have Buttinheads Tamarck out of wedding song a chocolate buck. I really like the goats I have gotten from him--Majyk Hills - [email protected] She was a great Nigerian Breeder. My prayers to her family. nova2011