? about clumped berries

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cdtrum, Apr 8, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Both of wethers are on Molly's Herbal wormer.....had fecal done over the weekend came back very clean for worms and cocci.......vet only found one egg.......question is, one of my boys for about 2 weeks now about once a day has clumped berries and then the rest of the time they look fine....could this be caused from them browsing on the new spring growth? He acts fine in every other way.....just wanting to make sure and not over look something.
    Thanks, Denise

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup sounds like the culpret.

Put out some baking soda.

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks Stacey......I figured so, but wanted re-assurance from a seasoned goat person :greengrin: !!!! I do have the baking soda out, but wouldn't you know he is the one that never goes to it!

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yep, nothing to be alarmed about. :)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    feed him a little haybefore letting them out to eat the grass

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I wish we had pasture to let outs eat.

The clumpy poop si a sign of feed change, so yep I would do what Stacey said, give them a little hay before you let them out to graze so they do not go gorge themselves on the fresh new growth.

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Actually I do feed them hay before letting them out.....I don't let them out until like 10-10:30am, after the morning dew has dried........I did not know that having them on a grassy lot is in some ways not good, because of the fight with parasites. I am a little worried also because I think he has thinned out a little, but DH thinks he looks thinner to me because of him loosing his winter coat.....vet agrees and also he said the extra exercise with them being outside more now.....so frustrating!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yes ...I agree with everyone....food change .......to much of grain.....fresh lush grass ect.... :wink:

9. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Yep. you got the fecal done and it was good, just a *ahem :oops: * quick feed change(points to own head)

10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I'd say everyone is right! :greengrin: