The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They just got a copper bolus at the beginning of November, but they weren't super deficient before that or anything. I'll do a fecal again next month to see if twice a week works for me. I hope it does!

·
Registered
284 Posts
It depends on their FAMACHAs. Usually 500 and above means treatment - but if FAMACHAs are borderline, treatment earlier may be needed.
Is this the case with standard size goats as well? Does that mean a Nubian with an epg of 1000-2000 is in need of treatment asap?

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Is this the case with standard size goats as well? Does that mean a Nubian with an epg of 1000-2000 is in need of treatment asap?
Yes treat and treat agressiveLy. Bp are no joke to play around with. But! If the famacha is bad... you need go a different route. Because you do not want all of those wigglers to detach at once. That is a high load for any goat. The size of the goat does not matter. It is the epg count that matters.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes treat and treat agressiveLy. Bp are no joke to play around with. But! If the famacha is bad... you need go a different route. Because you do not want all of those wigglers to detach at once. That is a high load for any goat. The size of the goat does not matter. It is the epg count that matters.
Thanks!

Reactions: MadHouse
21 - 25 of 25 Posts