The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest daughter finally expressed a real interest in goats but for Nigis. I keep seeing them pop up and I can't deny how gosh darn cute they are.

So, I've finally responded to some ads and am actually really honestly looking for a Nigi to buy. OMG. I never thought we'd go mini. But in talking to the girl child she makes a good case for getting a Nigerian Dwarf

Keep your fingers crossed for us. Not that we've had luck finding many tested and registered standards.....maybe with their being more Nigi's around, we'll have better luck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
In Berwick Maine there is Denbow Acres Farm who is tested and registered she also has ads on uncle henry's has a web site under farm name . she has some really cute nigerians and if you look on uncle henry's the goat kids with the pink blanket with the frogs on it are from this farm

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Oh how exciting!! :D good luck!

I know there are plenty of tested Nigie farms in the area :) NH, ME, MA, I could go on lol!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been actively avoiding the Nigi people all year! haha. I only incidentally know about some because they also have standards :) So I looked them up and their website says none available but their goats are cute.

I do know of some young ones for sale that are pretty gorgeous. I found an already bred adult (means I don't have to find yet another date) so I'm really hoping she works out. Her dam is a Fairlea.

This will be my 7 yo daughter's goat. She wants milk and cares not one whit about showing. Not yet anyway. So we're going into it with the mindset of a good milker first and a show goat second.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Well if you don't find any, I may possibly be willing to sell my three year old doe to her. Just let me know :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Oh yay!! So glad for you!! :D :stars: do we get pics??

1 - 20 of 50 Posts