ACV dose?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by happyhogs, Nov 3, 2009.

1. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    I want to add ACV to the boys' water as they don't seem to be drinking much and I've read that it may help. The only reference I can find on here to dosage is 1/4 cup per gallon but I'm across the pond in England and don't know what a 'cup' is equivalent to in mls, can anyone do a conversion for me? And is 1/4 of a cup OK for pygmies too as the reference I found didn't say what breed and I don't know if it even makes a difference :?

Thanks guys x

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what I do to convert is write it in google search and then I get it right away. THis is what Google told me for cups to mils

1 US cup = 236.588237 milliliters

3. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    thanks for that! So 60 ml (just under) is a quarter of a cup....does that sound like a good dose for my two pygmy/nigie boys?

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I don't usually "measure" ACV....I just pour from the jug into a 3 gallon bucket of water...or will put in enough to come up about 2 fingers width in the bucket then fill it with water, You can't overdose with it, but some goats will not drink the water if the concentration is too strong. This amount has done well with my pygmy and nigerian bucks.

You can also use ACV as a spray on your goats as a fly repellent :wink: