ACV

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by naturalgoats, Mar 10, 2011.

1. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Hi,
    So I've been thinking about using ACV(apple cider vinegar) both as a supplement (free choice) and possibly externally for lice. I know that its benefits may be questionable but I'm inclined to go ahead unless anyone knows of a risk that might be incurred.... can I give too much?? I wasn't going to put it in the water or anything because I kind of feel like they can eat it if they want... they seemed to like the stuff I offered them yesterday.....
    If anyone knows anything it would be great to hear!
    Thank you!
    Miranda

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Some put it in the water, and I've used it as a spray to use as a bug repellant. I'm wondering how you get your goats to drink it strait ? Do you pour it in a bucket and leave it freechoice? Mine definately won't even stick their faces close to it because it's so sour.

3. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I dont really 'know' anything, but i put a splash into my water and a glug of molassus too. They drink up!

4. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    to get my boys to drink it straight I just put a bit in a pan and let them at it... they made a bit of a face but kept licking..... I just give them a tiny bit at a time.