The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hylights Fiber Farm
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post, I've spent months reading the forums....
I didn't mean to but....
I have deposits on a Pygora doeling who is caramel but out of a dark red Angora, and a caramel Pygora, I love her, but as they won't sell a single I waited and they had 2 other doelings , but one was light gray the other has a white body and caramel legs and head, I really wanted color, reds and browns. So I am on hold for a brown yearling Angora, her fleece is quite light though.
Anyway I was looking for a Pygora buck to purchase to breed in December, and I really wanted one who had been disbudded. I found one who is proven, 6 yrs old and available, he has color! he's black with brown fleece and a white belly band making him look Tri- colored. The caveat, the owner wants her whole herd of Pygora's to go. I want them! 2 does, with kids, but kids are weaned or ready to be weaned, I will only get the does and buck. But adding threesome to my current 2 does.... I got 8 16 ft livestock panels to make separation pens , i have 2 separate stalls with turnout, one is a 12x12 stall i can divide.Worried, about going from 2 to 8 goats though!

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Someone on here recently bought a great 16 goat package deal, kept what they wanted, and resold the rest. I would sell what you don't think will work with your herd and then keep the others. Good luck with the new additions! :D And welcome :wave:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Welcome to the group! You have a couple of cuties there.

That other person that got a herd of 16 is also a Mainer. Lots of herds for sale here lately. I agree, buy the lot and only keep what you want. 2 to 8 is a big jump but totally sane (at least I think so)

I also happen to know a great colored angora breeder in state that might still have some left. She had some gorgeous browns this year.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Oh my gosh... that male looks just like a SHEEP! It doesn't have goat anything till you see the tail! I honestly thought that was an icelandic sheep!

·
Hylights Fiber Farm
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
these are the adult Pygora does, in and out of fleece, and the twin pygora's from a colored Angora doe who are also coming.
the older ones coming in 2 weeks the younger in 3 weeks.
:D

Attachments

·
Hylights Fiber Farm
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is one of the 2 Pygora doelings that are still available, daughter of the buck I am getting and 1/2 sister to one of the does I'm getting. Love the curl and coverage of her fleece, I'm so looking forward to babies in the spring!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts