Adding to the herd!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by ProctorHillFarm, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

We are making some new additions to the herd, the first being:

Heatherwood C My Little Squirt
    S:Rosasharn's J Charleston *S
    SS: Rosasharn's Julius *S SD: ARMCH Rosasharn's Tom's Bit-O-Honey 4*D 'E' AR1810
    D:Twin Creeks ARG Fire Within
    DS: MCH Twin Creeks BW Aragorn *S DD: MCH HBF LS Darlin Clementine *D

We are having her bred to:
    Rosasharn GX Caviar *S
    S: ++B Rosasharn's TL Galaxy *S 'E'
    SS: ++B ARMCH Rosasharn's Tiger L ++*S 'E' SD: ARMCH Rosasharn's Eclipse 2*D 'E'
    D:Rosasharn FS Ikura 5*D
    DS: MCH Twin Creeks WB Fire Storm *S 'E' DD: ARMCH Rosasharn's TL Unagi 4*D

Heatherwood C Chardonay
    S:Rosasharn's J Charleston *S
    SS: Rosasharn's Julius *S SD: ARMCH Rosasharn's Tom's Bit-O-Honey 4*D 'E' AR1810
    D:Hill Country WB Sangria 2*D
    DS: MCH Goodwood Weisbaden +*S 'E' DD:Green Gate Ice Princess *D

We are having her bred to:
    Rosasharn FS Senshi *S
    S:MCH Twin Creeks WB Fire Storm *S 'E'
    SS: MCH Goodwood Weisbaden +*S 'E' SD:MCH/CH Twin Creeks BH Mariri's Zinnia 4*D 'E'
    D: ARMCH Rosasharn's TL Unagi 4*D 'E'
    DS: ++B ARMCH Rosasharn's Tiger L ++*S 'E' DD: ARMCH Rosasharn's Uni 3*D 'E'

We have some others in the works- but they are set in stone yet, so will post those later! :greengrin:
    Pictures to come!
  2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    SWEET!!! Congrats! They have some really nice lines! Don't forget to ad pics when ya get a chance!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    WOW - congrats!!!!!!!!! :leap: :leap:
  4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  5. justthemomforthejob

justthemomforthejob New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    OK - I am officially intimidated!! I am SUCH a newbie to goats! That they have such "lines" and that people can tell so much from looking at utters, etc. etc. just blows me away!!

I'm just a Mom who wants her baby to have healthy milk.....I hope to be as goat savvy as some of you...some day. :) I have a LOT of reading to do........
  6. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Some pretty heavyweight bloodlines there. You should be very pleased.
  7. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Don't feel bad. I know nothing about minis and dairy breeds, as we raise Kikos, so these girls amaze me when they see a bloodline and know exactly who it is and can tell you about other goats from that bloodline. All I know is every time I see pictures of these cuties I want an whole herd of them!
  8. ProctorHillFarm

Dont worry- you WILL learn as you go along. I felt the exact same way when I started out.
    Owning goats is an ongoing learning process! Hours and hours of research and reading :)

I am really excited about these girls because both of their dams- FULL sisters are residing in the Twin Creeks herd.

Chardonnay's mothers full sister is:

And Squirt's mothers full sister is: ... Silver.htm

So Im expecting great things from these girls, and the fact they are bred is just going to be a bonus!
  9. ProctorHillFarm

Okay- the next addition to the herd is going to be:

Dragonfly WC Colorado *S (4/8/06)

S: Rosasharn's Watercolor *S
    SS: Rosasharn's Summer Sol *S SD: ARMCH Goodwood Waterlilly 2*D
    D: Fairlea Clio *D
    DS: Stonewall's Apocalypse Now +S DD: MCH Fairlea Heidi 'E'

Now this is going to be a very special addition to us. We had his littermate brother Dragonfly WC Thistle *S, who we found dead outside his house on Christmas morning. The vet thinks he broke his neck. :scratch: We were distraught over losing him and we were looking for a "replacement" but nothing was quite right. UNTIL- we got a phonecall the other day offering us his littermate brother! We were over the moon! It looks like we are headed out on a road trip to North Carolina to pick him up in the next few weeks! :stars:

Colorado was the pick of the litter and was reserved before birth, he's only being sold since she is selling out of her nigi's.
    I can probably find a baby picture of him, but dont have any recent ones as of yet. He is a red with quite a bit of white.