ADGA colorations?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by amohr1188, Aug 4, 2020.

1. amohr1188

amohr1188 Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Can any ND breeders tell me the colors and colorations of these for their papers please. Including momma. IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg This gal is chocolate brown, but looks black in pix

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. Totesmgoats

Totesmgoats Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Longview, WA
    I'm no expert but I'm learning so I'll try a guess and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will add in too!
    I think they're all buckskin, and the one little (so cute) would be buckskin with white markings.
    And I could be TOTALLY wrong

amohr1188 likes this.

3. amohr1188

amohr1188 Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Thank you! My question is now, is it possible to have a chocolate buckskin? With some roaning? And the mother is a red buckskin? Lol their sire is definitely a buckskin, but the chocolate threw me wayyyy off lol

Their sire
    IMG_6156.jpg

4. Totesmgoats

Totesmgoats Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Longview, WA
    Here's a chart that might be helpful. I think that even with the chocolate it would still be buckskin, maybe just "dark buckskin"

Attached Files:

amohr1188 likes this.
  5. amohr1188

amohr1188 Member

Mar 6, 2018
    How helpful! Thank you!

6. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    The sire definitely looks like chamiose with a white spot, not buckskin. Though the black on his neck isn’t chamiose, more like part of the bezoar marking. The last baby is buckskin with white and white poll. The dam is hard to tell from that photo. I’d probably call the first baby a dark buckskin. You can definitely have roaning.