The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. So I was looking though the Bio Genetics seaman sales and they have an experimental buck that is ADGA registered listed..
http://www.biogenicsltd.com/e016.html

I just always thought that you couldn't register grade bucks with ADGA?? Am I wrong? Just curious :)

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
I register all mine :D It a mix up of words.
An Experimental meaning 2 purebred parents that are registered with ADGA...all kids are registerable.
An Experimental Grade meaning only one parent is registered, doe was bred to more than one buck, etc...only doe kids are registerable.

Section G and section H of the handbook I believe...

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh! Wow cool! Thanks Jill! :D good to know! :)

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
An Experimental meaning 2 purebred parents that are registered with QUOTE]

I should actually take out that word purebred. The parents can be purebred, American, or experimental, as long as they are reg. with ADGA and are within the same 2 breeds.

I can breed my Alpine/Nubian girls to an Alpine or a Nubian buck to produce experimental registered buck and doe kids. The Expeimental buck can be bred to purebred, am. or experimental A/N crosses. All kids are experimental from him and will need bred up if that is your purpose.
If I breed the same A/N girls to my La Mancha buck though then the kids are 50% grade La Manchas and only does can be registered

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know! Thanks Jill!

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Yup, Goathiker is right. I just bred one of my registered Nubian does to my registered Saanen buck and when she kids any kids can be registered although I was hoping she would have twin bucks so I can have a nice driving team ;)

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
They would definately make a cute team.
I dislike the name Nupines though. Mine are Albians ;)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe! Albians, that's cute!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yeah, Dru is a registered experimental. Her mother was a registered experimental 50/50 Saanen and Nubian, her dad full Nubian, so she is 75/25 but still registered just like her mom.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I knew does could be.. I just heard that with bucks you couldn't..

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I didn't know any of them could til Goathicker educated me, her knowledge is a big reason I ended up picking Dru.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's cool that you got her :) she sounds lovely :)

I want to get/breed one at some point :) I was thinking NuManchas :) lol!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
That would be cool. It would be funny if you got in between sized elf ears... Might start a whole new trend.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha!!

I like the half floppy ears :) too cute IMO! :)

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
I really like my experimental girls. They bring the best of both breeds together. I should put up some pics of them after they freshen. The one is what I consider the perfect homestead milker, easy to do anything with and sweet. Her attachments could be better but, anyone could milk her. The other is highly opinionated and is first to let me know if the hay isn't the best or the grain is 30 seconds late. They and one purebred Alpine are the only does I have left now. They will stay here forever if at all possible.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yes! Places post pics! :D

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
Shh...I'm not for sure on who the mixed girls are breed to this year. At least the ears will tell me. If Guinen has a Mancha, I'm going to have to keep her.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts