The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dalton's Way TCS Repo Girl

"Ebony", as we call her, is a wonderful doe. She is a first freshener, and freshened in February. She is still giving us an easy gallon per day of sweet milk. She has good milkstand manners and a very sweet disposition. She even gets along with our minis (all but the herd queen), and adores kids.

Our reason for selling Ebony is that she unfortunately does not fit in with our lifestyle. We have discovered that minis are just a better fit for us. Life has also been VERY busy, so we are cutting our herd down to our absolute keepers in order to simplify. This was not an easy choice ... I had wanted a Lamancha for so long and she is such a good girl. But I do need to simplify, and she would benefit at a home that can better appreciate a full-sized doe. :)

Ebony came from a CAE, Johnes, and CL negative herd. She was raised on CAE prevention -- pulled at birth and bottle-fed pasteurized milk.

She has not raised her own kids, but when she was in with our kids, she actually let all six of them nurse from her ... so if you are looking for a "nanny doe" that will raise orphans or suppliment kids you don't have the time to bottle, this is your girl. She adores babies.

She comes from a serious show home, so she should do well in that front too.

And, of course, as a milker, she is worth her weight in gold. She has not shown any signs of slowing production, she could probably milk through if you wanted to.

I wish I had a better picture of her udder ... it really is beautiful. The picture we have is when we first got her and she was battling staph.

Ebony is up on her deworming, and has pink eyelids. She is a little copper-toned, but with proper minerals is growing in a beautiful, glossy black coat.

If you are interested in Ebony, please message me, or email me at [email protected]. We are asking $300 for her.

Ps. Her registry is being transferred to our name (something we didn't get around to earlier because we were so busy). If you aren't comfortable with paying for her before you get the papers, we will hold her for you until they are sent back to us. We can sign her over to you at pickup.

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Awe.. I wish I could get an older doe! Or that I even had the 300 to pay for her lol!
Sorry you have to sell her.. Hope she finds thes bestest home! And what a great price for such a beautiful doe! :)

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Skyla! I have to admit, I'm looking forward to getting the herd down a bit and breathing. Want to enjoy my herd again and give them the individual attention they deserve. :)

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Utah would be a ways to drive, huh? :p Thank you, I do love her. She's so goofy ... when it's time for bed she races to the barn, leaping and whirling. She'll be missed around here.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
If I were closer she would already be jumping in the hay feeder with my other goaties. I hope you find a great home for her, I know how excited you were to get her but I completely understand your reasons for selling!

·
2,751 Posts
She's so goofy ... when it's time for bed she races to the barn, leaping and whirling.
My goodness, what does her udder look like waving in the wind? :whatgoat: :rolleyes:

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Laura ~ Do you want to know that her and Clarisse get along REALLY well?? And she loves our kids ... she would be great company for just about anyone you put her in with ... plus with kids on the way ... you may need the extra milk, who knows. ;) ;)

·
2,751 Posts
I'm having a dae-ja-voo (or however the heck you spell it - please don't grammer me people. LOL) moment here. JOY, are you?? I mean... Waffle? Okay, hold it back Grace, you must not ruin this thread too.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts