·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
where do you get that plastic chain you have around their necks?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tattooed them myself after talking to the ADGA.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm sorry for hijacking a little here.

I know NOA = Native on Appearance.
Is this a way to get your goats registered? Such as, if I bought an unregistered goat that was perfect in every way other than being registered, I could apply for NOA and be eligible for all registered "perks".

We've applied to ADGA for membership but have yet to receive our packet so while I searched online for information on NOA, I didn't get very far.

Seems to be a lot of really nice goats around here that are pure but not registered and it makes me sad to pass them all up just based on that. I'm just wondering if this is a valid way to get a perfect show goat that may not be registered yet.

·
Registered
31,433 Posts
Yes..NOA is a way to registered an unrestered Doe..how ever her papers will be Grade NOA....only her daughters can be registered ..buck kids can not...depending on the breed will depend if after a certain generation the kid becomes American***
for ex. I beleive (not hold me to it lol) Lamancha books are still open..after the fifth generation the doe kid canbe reg. as American Lamancha....Im doing htis with all my unregistered goats mostly because folks want papers lol..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts