The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hopelessly Addicted
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to sell a few goats ASAP, so I've put together a couple of package deals. In no way does the low price reflect quality. I am trying to breed my Arabian mare via AI next month and the vet fees keep piling up, so these gals are priced to move. Very nice dairy lines. The adult does are first post, doe kids second. I will mix/match pairs and keep the package prices. In other words, any two is $350.

The first doe is a yearling who has been penned with my chocolate, moon-spotted buck and should be bred. She has blue eyes and two moon-spots herself...one of which can be seen in the first photo on the right of her tail-head if you look close. The one on her belly is more noticeable. She has very nice depth of body and comes from nice, heavy producing milk lines. If she comes up open, she can be brought back for a re-breed to either of my bucks. Goldenbrook, Rosasharn and Poppy Patch lines. Buckskin/White

The second doe is a three year old on her second freshening. She has produced quadruplets both times and fills an enormous udder. She still has her doe kid on her right now, but when her other three kids were taken off of her I didn't milk her. I am starting to milk her in the evenings again but she isn't at the production she was before (which was insane). She is very quiet on the stand and hops up on her own. She is well behaved, friendly and easy to catch. Produces better than herself and is a great brood doe with Piddlin Acres, Pholia and Lost Valley lines. Last photo is of her near yearling doe kid I own who I am very excited to show next year when she freshens. Udder photos are hers at three weeks fresh this spring. Gold/White.

These girls are $175 for the yearling, $250 for the milking doe, or $350 together. The package price would make them $175 each, and normally I would list the milking doe for three hundred and the bred yearling for two-fifty. Nice little starter package for someone! I can email detailed blood lines.

-Yearling-

-3 YR Old-

-Buck Yearling is Bred To-

-3 YR Old's yearling daughter, to show what she produces!-

·
Hopelessly Addicted
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first doeling in this post is a nice show prospect. Her dam was shown once and took a couple of thirds at the show. Her sire put a ton of extra length and level-ness on her compared to her dam, and more refinement and I considered keeping her to put her in the show pen next year. She can look pure white in photos but is light orange/cream with a ton of pretty white lacing...it should be be seen extremely well when she is shaved down for show (same color as her dam.) She does have a dark moonspot hiding under her white fur. Gladdie Acres, Piddlin Acres, Pholia Farm, Diji Farm, Poppy Patch, Twin Creeks, Gay-Mor lines.

The second doeling should be a power house on the milk stand. Already showing nice depth of body and width in the rear. She is a gold doe kid with a ton of little moon-spots scattered all over. Her lines include Pholia, Piddlin Acres, Lost Valley, Goldenbrook, & Rosasharn.

Normally these girls would be $250 each...but right now I'm offering them at $200 each or $350 for the pair..making them also $175 individually at the package price!

-Doe 1-

-Doe 2-

Doe 2's dam is the orange dam in the first post!

-Doe 1's dam and her FF udder this year! ... Her sire is the buck listed in the first post, who is bred to the yearling.-

·
goat Mamma
280 Posts
Gee you are killing me..I've been seeing these girls on CL too and drooling. I can't really justify buying more goats right now unless I sell my pets tho..hmm decisions. Darn wethers tug at my heart and end up staying as pets.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I need a milker so bad right now, why must you taunt me with your beautiful does!?

If I was still in CA they first pair would be mine by now, but GA is just too far away. :(

·
Hopelessly Addicted
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AdriHart...yeah, we have one of those. I justify him by saying he is my "friend's" pet wether, because she fell in love with him and would be heart-broken if I sold him..but he is definitely mine. Lol.

Axykatt...yeah, GA is a loooooong way. Normally I would list any does at my normal prices and let them be for sale for months if they needed to...but breeding season for the stallion I'm using will be over before I know it, even though I tell myself I have a couple of months...and damn do the fees pile up when you are shipping in semen and doing AI! So its crunch for cash time!

·
Hopelessly Addicted
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All are sold but for Snow. She is still $200 right now, but I've got a nice reserve now for breeding my mare. Enough that if things go smooth the first insemination and she doesn't take, I can try again. And I'm just not into trying three times! Lol. So I'm not in a hurry to sell her. I will try to get stood up photos of her soon...she finally decided that A. She loves grain and B. She CAN eat out of my hand, so I should be able to get her head up into a nice show pose with a handful of the sweet stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts