The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have 2 alpine does that I never got the paper work for but if I breed them to a registered Nubian would their offspring be able to be registered?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
You need the papers (or at least the registration number) of both the dam and sire to be able to register the kid if I remember right....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I think....
If you got the does registered as NOA and you bred them to a registered buck that you could register the resulting does. They would be considered grades but you can breed up if you want to. But if you're planning on breeding Alpine to Nubian then you'd be getting grades/experimentals anyway.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Here's the part of ADGA books that I think applies:

"If a doe meets breed standards for a specific breed, she can be recorded as Native on Appearance (NOA) with a written statement of this breed appearance signed by a current ADGA member (not a member of the applicant's family) that the doe being recorded conforms to a specific breed type. A certificate is issued at the same cost on a brown certificate and the goat is called a Recorded Grade. This goat's daughters by a Purebred or American buck of the same breed would be 50% American, and the great granddaughters would be American, provided there has been three consecutive generations of correct breed type (see American section). ADGA does not record grade bucks."

You can get American bucks that you can register but you need to breed up one more time.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
they are 2 different breeds the kids could be registered 50% nubian as recorded does,but must look like nubians. then you would breed them to another registered nubian buck the offspring would be 75% recorded doe then breed to another nubian and they are then registered nubian. if you have questions call adga talk to leesa. personally i would get a registered alpine buck to start with. if your does have breeder tatoos then adga can help you to get the paperwork reissued and then you start with registered does and trade your nubian for an alpine or find a breeder with alpines for a driveway breeding or once you get the paperwork straightened out you could use AI. i'm trying to do something similar. with purebred but unregistered does. what a pain!!

·
1,524 Posts
Like was mentioned, the doe kids could be recorded as 50% American Nubians if the sire was a registered American or Purebred Nubian. The does could be recorded NOA as grade Alpine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for the explanation . I know someone locally who is adga who could noa them. Problem is I think I am the only person in south florida with alpines. I'm still a few months away from breeding time and tooling around the idea with AI. I have checked out the catalog of alpines and there are some awesome options but its all up to if I can get the AI to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts