ADGA questions

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Jul 6, 2008.

  1. goatiegurl*Oh

    goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

    Nov 10, 2007
    I have a form that says "schedule of rates" with a bunch of prices. I need to become a member,get my doeling transfered to me,and register a herd name. Do I need to pay for a membership first then wait to pay later for the discount on the other things,or can I pay for everything at once and still get the discount beacuse Im paying for a membership? Also,how long is my membership good for? Does it need renewed yearly? Is there somewhere I can check if the herd name I want is available? I want to get my Nubian/Alpine doeling reg. as a experimental so do I need to ask for an application for her to? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks! :)
  2. KW Farms

    KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

    Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I sent 4 transfers and a membership together into AGS I paid for membership rates, and they didn't say anything. I believe ADGA works the same way. Go to ADGA website click on contact, email them and ask if the herd name is taken. I believe you can just download a reg. form from off the website?? I think...that's how AGS is.

  3. goatshows

    goatshows New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    I would send in the member ship too. they are more strict than AGS. memberships need to be renewed yearly.
  4. goatiegurl*Oh

    goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

    Nov 10, 2007
    Ok,I will have to email them,and get those applications. :)
  5. Sweet Gum Minis

    Sweet Gum Minis New Member

    Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    You need to become a member first. You can't get the discounted fees unless you're a member. Its $50 alone just to join and register a herdname. You do have to renew every year but the herdname is a one time fee so long as you're a member. Transfers are $3.50 so long as one of the two people involved is a member. Registering a new doe I believe is $8.50 right now. If you can register your own kids online its a dollar cheaper, but some you can't avoid having to mail. Like any with transfers, any with breeding memos or any with a parent not ADGA registered.