ADGA questions

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Feb 25, 2009.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hi, as you all know from reading my post I have bought two registrable bucks Nigerian Dwarfs. My question is should I become a member first or should I register them first, then become a member. I know fees are smaller if you are a member, but just now sure what to do thanks.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Being a member gives you lower costs on things ...but if you only have a couple of goats and not going to buy anymore goats this year... then I would maybe hold off ...and see how next year goes...unless you feel you want to...it is totally up to you.....If you are going to get more goats this year then it will make it cheaper... to become a member for registrations ect....... I am a boer breeder....and maybe the Nigerian Dwarfs breeders can give you there opinions.. as well.... :wink:

3. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I am planing on buying one more goat this year. Im looking at buying a nigerian dwarf doe. Do you have to be a memeber to show your goats? Also can you breed ADGA to AGS or do you have to have the same registry?. Thanks for the help.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I do believe ADGA and AGS can be bred and not sure what registry they will end up in after that but it would be probably ADGA reg kids. Because ADGA will accept AGS but AGS I am not sure if they accept ADGA

As to becoming a member to show - I isnt manditory, but it will be cheeper in the long run.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I do believe for most shows you have to be a member - I would go ahead and do your membership and secure a herd name. I have mine and I have NO registered goats with ADGA - however I have one that I am turning the paperwork in for and another for NOA.

It is $51.00 for membership and her name - then I think 35 a year after that for membership.

You have the goat bug, so you know you will be purchasing more - :wink:

As to the last question, you will want to dual register if one parent is AGS and one is ADGA before the breeding, if you can. The parents have to be the same registry to register them.