The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
I made an account for ADGA so I could buy a membership Sep. 2nd bc I’m notoriously cheap and don’t want to pay for my membership in 5 months if I made one in Aug. lol. So here’s what’s up…

Last September I got an ADGA registered ND doe, the Certificate of Transfer was filled out to me, but I didn’t get her transferred to my account bc I didn’t have one. Same deal with the buck i recently got. Another doe that I got in August, her COT wasn’t filled out. Can I still transfer her? Or would I need to send her papers back to the former owner? her former owner has been at least her 2nd home. I don’t even know if she’d been transferred then. What happens if the goats aren’t transferred before kids are born, bc I’m pretty sure they’re pregnant. One due as early as March 8th, the other March 23. I know I look stupid 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
are your papers signed by the owner? if so you can transfer them. If the date of transfer is before the doe got pregnant then you are good to go and those kids would be in your name

do NOT send those papers back to anyone. if you dont have a signature and the previous owner is an adga member she can transfer the goats for you online.. after its in the system then you need to return the papers to adga to get ones that say your the current owner. hopefully that makes sense :)

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
For the two that have filled out and signed CoT’s, you can send those in and get them in your name. The date of ownership started is the date on the paperwork that shows when you purchased them, not the date you send it in, so as long as they bred on your farm after the ownership start date, the babies will carry your herd name. I had to get a date corrected on mine to have this happen and it really wasn’t much of a hassle.

For the CoT that isn’t filled out, is the previous owner’s signature on it with their information? You should be able to fill out the rest. If it’s not signed and the seller information isn’t filled out, I’d get in touch with them and have them do an online transfer to you and make sure they backdate the transfer to the date you purchased the goat.

At least that’s how I think it would all work. I’ve only been a member for a little over a year but I have already dealt with a lot of issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the two that have filled out and signed CoT’s, you can send those in and get them in your name. The date of ownership started is the date on the paperwork that shows when you purchased them, not the date you send it in, so as long as they bred on your farm after the ownership start date, the babies will carry your herd name. I had to get a date corrected on mine to have this happen and it really wasn’t much of a hassle.

For the CoT that isn’t filled out, is the previous owner’s signature on it with their information? You should be able to fill out the rest. If it’s not signed and the seller information isn’t filled out, I’d get in touch with them and have them do an online transfer to you and make sure they backdate the transfer to the date you purchased the goat.

At least that’s how I think it would all work. I’ve only been a member for a little over a year but I have already dealt with a lot of issues.
I thought of online transfer the other day, this cleared it up pretty well

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so, I looked at Lily’s papers(the one whose CoT papers weren’t filled out)…NOTHING was filled. So I should just contact the seller and have her transfer her online? Should she charge me for that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I looked into sending their papers in for transferring. Can I just put in one check with the total amount and the papers into one envelope and send in? And then contact Lily’s old owner and have her transfer her online?

·
Registered
Goat Slave
3,518 Posts
Alright. I was about to say, you don’t automatically get a membership by magic when you make an account.
You can't make an account without a membership. It requests your number when you make the account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts