The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that adga does not allow nigerian recorded does? I can breed a togg to a lamancha and the off spring can be registered as a recorded doe with adga. I have a couple of nigerians that i would like to register as recorded does. They are purebred but not registered and apparently their offspring never will be either. What do you think?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to this as well!

·
1,524 Posts
It was the only way they would recognize Nigerians as ADGA, it was the aggrement made when ADGA was considering adding Nigerians to their registry. It was a long battle to do so, and doing the upgrading from grade to American was not somthing they wanted to do. Not sure why.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts

American Dairy Goat Association

ADGA registry, based on original import records, is your warranty of good breeding and worldwide acceptance.​
P.O. Box 865​
P Spindale NC 28160
(828) 286-3801
P Fax (828) 287-0476 P [email protected] P www.ADGA.org

®

Date ___________________
I have observed the animal named ___________________________________,
that is being considered for​
Native On Appearance (NOA). The tattoos are
_____________________________________. This animal conforms to the breed
standards of the ________________________________________________ breed.
If there are any questions, please contact me at ____________________________.
Signed ______________________________________ ID # ________________

(This statement must be signed by an ADGA member, not a member of the applicant's family.)​
Print Name _________________________________________________________​
®

·
Super Moderator
59,770 Posts
Is the ADGA recognizing the Mini full breeds? (eg, mini-lamanchas)
No, ADGA will not recognize any goats mixed with Nigerian. You would have to go to one of the mini breed registries like TMGR.

Nigerians are the only breed in ADGA that they will only do pure breed registered. If your Nigerians are not registered, you can't use ADGA. ADGA did not want to include Nigerians and very begrugingly included them so they are unwilling to do anything more than pure breed registered Nigerians. ADGA will not do NOA on Nigerians either.

·
Registered
693 Posts
No, ADGA will not recognize any goats mixed with Nigerian. You would have to go to one of the mini breed registries like TMGR.

Nigerians are the only breed in ADGA that they will only do pure breed registered. If your Nigerians are not registered, you can't use ADGA. ADGA did not want to include Nigerians and very begrugingly included them so they are unwilling to do anything more than pure breed registered Nigerians. ADGA will not do NOA on Nigerians either.
What's the deal about them including Nigerians?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I don't have Nigerians or Minis though they are interesting.

It seems very interesting that they're so much against Nigerians. I'd love to read their decisions why they seemed to grudgingly allow Nigerian Dwarfs but not mixes including them and larger breeds. If anyone knows of something I don't have to search for, that would be great. Otherwise my curiosity will be googling for it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe adga is afraid that nigerians will outnumber the standards. they are very popular here in New England. the last show I went to was packed with nigerians.
when i tried to register a nigerian as noa the lady at ADGA was very rude and talked to me like i was an idiot to inquire about it. i know the standards were recognized as noa.
also when they did start recognizing nigerian dwarfs how did they know which ones to accept? i'll bet my 4 grades are as purebred as any that are registered.

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,770 Posts
I was just wondering why they didn't want to include Nigerians in the first place.
Because they weren't full size dairy goats. They really didn't want miniatures in the registry but they did realize that there was money they could make. So there were strict stipulations but they let them in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts