ADGA Registering mix breeds and unregistered sire ?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by JessaLynn, Mar 15, 2011.

1. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I don't understand this all yet so bare with me.I have an ADGA registered purebred french alpine and she was bred to an unregistered alpine buck.Am I still able to register her kids? I also have a registered american nubian that was bred to the same unregistered alpine buck, can her kids be registered still? I have a potential buyer for the does but needs them registered to show for fair.I'm only selling them to her for $100 cus she wants them bottle fed.If I am able to register them, how much would it cost to do that for each kid?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm not sure of how the cross bred kids would be registered but I think the purebred can be registered NOA...Native on appearance.

3. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Then I read something that if you cross a purebred with an american you have to register them as expiramental?? So confusing! I have both American and Purebred Alpines and I have a purebred buck on reserve for my future herd sire so I wanted to know if that is what I would have to do if I bred him to my American Alpine does

4. klingshirnm

klingshirnm New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Here is a link to adga site guidebook: http://www.adga.org/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=137. Go down to By-law VII, start with section D and read from there. Basically the breeding between an american or purebred of one breed mated to another of the same breed but not registered will get you a grade. Now with the mating between between the american nubian and the unregistered alpine will get you an experimental grade. A mating between a purebred and an american of the same breed will get you an american. Now your alpine doelings will be concidered 1/2 american, they would need to be bred to a purebred or american alpine buck to get 3/4 american, then their offspring doelings would need to be bred to a purebred or american alpine buck, and then they would be concidered american themselves. Kinda confusing, but if you just sit back and read over it a few times you can start to see the pattern.

5. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thank you that was very helpful.My head spins every time I start reading this stuff.Sheesh!