The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall :)

Today while talking goats with someone and talking about registered vs non-registered, I realized I bought my pregnant doe in Feb, have her papers, have the bill of sale, and uh... well, never did anything with it! :eek: I also have a service memo for the twins that were born shortly after I purchased her so that they may be registered as well....

So, tell me, is it a total loss now? I have literally everything I need, but I have completely spaced this (as they are my first goats!) and it's been 6 months.

Not feeling the brightest at the moment!

·
I'm watching you
22,567 Posts
Yep, not a problem. I just received the buck certificates on does that were bought almost 3 years ago. It's a little more expensive but, not a hassle at all.

·
I'm watching you
22,567 Posts
Your fees won't be more actually because your kids are under 30 months. The transfer never goes up in price.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Oh that's no problem at all! You can transfer or register them whenever you want. :thumb: Just double check the transfer fee because i'm pretty sure it is a little more if you don't transfer within 60 days after sale. I might be thinking of AGS, but pretty sure it's ADGA who does that.

·
1,524 Posts
I registered a 13 year old doe last year. I never bothered, but finally decided i wanted her line to continue, so I had to back track and get them all registered. Thank goodness I never throw anything away.

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
Yup, what they said. :)

About the online thing - you can only register new kids online if the breeder has filed the service memo online. I don't think you can transfer ownership online.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good thought on the copies!

Thank you all for the answers!! What a relief. I was totally feeling like I had the potential and crapped on it for my lack of experience.

Well then, I'll call them and get my one doeling (born in Feb, I have service memo from previous owners) registered and her mama transferred over. I suppose I should join ADGA too...

·
Registered
320 Posts
As long as you have all the paperwork you can still send in transfer and registration.

We had a doe for over a year before we sent in the transfer on her and all we had to do was send it in and pay the fee.

We also have a doe that the breeder hasn't done paperwork in 4 generations, but we are getting her registered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts