ADGA Registration

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Farmer Gab, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Farmer Gab

Farmer Gab New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    I am about to register with the AGDA for the first time. On their site it asks for Member/Owner Name. Do most of you use your actual name, a farm name, or what? I am not clear on how I am supposed to do this.... :shrug:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Is this goat transferred to you from a breeder or is it a new registration?

I know that AGS and NDGA , you can have the goat that is already registered transferred to your name without you being a member but to have a goat registered for the first time in your name you need to have breeding memo and signed papers from the breeder for transfer and registration. You can only have a goat registered in your farm name if you have your farm registered first then you do the basics again..breeding memo and parents registration id as well as tattoo. If it is a new registration and transfer from another breeder you use the breeders herd name.

I just thoroughly confused myself but I hope I made sense to you :question:

3. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    ADGA is actually pretty good about walking you through what you need to do. If you haven't joined yet, you might do that first and wait for your new member packet to get to you before you do anything else. The handbook explains everything pretty well.

You'll need a herd name but your actual name (Jane Doe or whatever) will be your "Member Name". Your farm name (same thing as herd name) is what goes in front of the name on kids you breed on your farm. So if your name is Jane Doe and your herd name is Doe's Acres your member name is Jane Doe and all the kids bred by you will be named "Doe's Acres ___________". You won't need your herd name until you start breeding but it's a good idea to get it BEFORE you have kids on the ground and have to rush to get your herd name and tattoo prefix approved to register kids.

Clear as mud? I know it sounds daunting but really if you just call the ADGA office they can explain everything pretty clearly for you.

Congrats, btw, on your new ADGA registered goat!

Kristen