The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am not exactly new to the dairy goat world but I am new to registration. I have a registered buck and 6 does that could be registered as either recorded grade or American Nubians. However, when I go to register them I can’t get my Buck‘s ID to work. I think this is because I was not a member when I bought him 4 years ago and therefore his transfer papers were never sent in. I have his official papers however. Does anyone know if I can still transfer him and then register my does?

thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,192 Posts
If you have his registration papers signed by the owner in the transfer space..there shouldnt be an issue. I believe they charge more for the delay of transfer.
Are the Does his offspring? If so it's best to transfer the buck using the date you bought him...then you can register his kids. Transfer has to be done by mail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have his registration papers signed by the owner in the transfer space..there shouldnt be an issue. I believe they charge more for the delay of transfer.
Are the Does his offspring? If so it's best to transfer the buck using the date you bought him...then you can register his kids. Transfer has to be done by mail.
Yep, the does are all his. However they’re mothers are unregistered and I’m still a little unclear if they would be registered as grades or American.

thank you so much for your response!!

·
Fair-Haven
4,923 Posts
First, you have to register the buck in your name. You cannot register anything until he is officially registered in your name. Send in his papers and go from there. Do know that there is a huge delay in all papers due to the NewGen software, you will be waiting a while. Meanwhile, go on the website and find the regsitration information about registering your kids.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
If the kids are from grade mothers and a registered sire, they will be registered as grade 50% whatever breed the sire is. But, you need to get him transferred in your name first. If you still need clarification, you can try calling ADGA, but they have cutback their phone hours from what I have heard.

You don't have to be a member to register or transfer an animal, it's just a bit more expensive.

An American goat means that they have been "bred up" to each a certain % of that breed, each generation during the breeding up must meet breed standards and the kids to be registered meet breed standards. Clear as mud.

Reactions: Earthsong farm
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.