The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am honestly not really expecting any of my 3 does to make SG status but I am curious in general. Would it drop on when the stars drop on after you wrap up DHIR for the season? We have our last test early January where the girls will all be right at or very close to 305 days <3 About 2 weeks ago I noticed on ADGA Genetics Production Evals showed up for all 3 of them even though we are not quite done testing, I would assume that had any of them made SG status it would have show up with their Production Evals? Here are my 3 Ladies:

Equanimitys Miss Lorraine

Shere Country TMJ Cavatina

Shere Country TMJ Sunflower

Our most recent test was Oct 29th, our last test will be early January so I do expect a bit of a jump in their records since this last test was a bit more spaced out. What do you guys think? These Are Nigerian Dwarf does.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They would have to have LA scores as well I suppose. So hoping they will actually have it available this year

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,745 Posts
LA is a part of the SG configuring as well as some ancestral data.

" PTIs generally change twice per year, after the genetic evaluations are run by ADGA. Production evaluations come out in the summer and type comes out at the end of the year along with another production evaluation. New SG will appear at those times. Animals having an appraisal for the first time will not have an evaluation to use towards SG until the December evaluation."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts