adga

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by heavenlyhaven, Oct 3, 2008.

1. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    just went to their site to find out how to transfer remmy into my name
    while i was there i found a pedigree thing (lol) where i could research some of my mini's parentage
    cool :thumb:
    however it doesn't list breed
    i guess your just supposed to know
    but, hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?
    and i've only been into reg goat a little over a year
    so
    what is a PB doe?
    that's all it says... :shrug:
    VLL BRANDY - N001133567 (PB Doe)

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

it means she is a purebred. A lot of the breeds like alpines and nubians also have an american registry. they are all shown together. In alpines a purebred or french can trace back to one of thirteen animals originally brought to the us. without haveing any other breed in there. Americans (am) can usually trace back to another breed, or there has been some lost lineage in there somewhere.
    hope this makes sense
    beth

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    do they have fullblood dairy goats?

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

yes, that would be youre pb or purebred. a purebred is equal to a fullblood in the boer world.
    beth

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hey, I have a two "m" Remmy too! :) Mine is a mini dachie though.

I really liked that feature on the ADGA website, have fun playing with it.

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I love playing with that feature too. . . . only problem is we have Nigerians and it usually doesn't go back too far because they are newly registered w/ ADGA. I kinda wish they would record the whole pedigree and not just the animals that are registered w/ them. . . . oh well. :sigh:

7. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    Remmy is seigneur farms remember me
    remmy for short

i know that PB means pure blood
    but PB what???????????????????
    PB nubian
    PB nigerian
    what??????????????
    (has to be one or the other because VLL Brandy is gram to one of my mini nubian does)

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    It's different with dairy goats than Boers. The Boers confuse me a little with the whole pure-blood, full-blood. But with dairy goats, there are only two types (I think I got this right ;) ) A PB is a pure-bred doe (pure-bred Nubian or Alpine) and a grade is experimental. Does that make sense? I think that's right but I'm not positive, so someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    PB is purebred, there technically is not such thing as 'pure blood' the blood thing seems to apply to the boers and 'fullbloods' which fullblood is the equivalent to purebred in the dairy goat world.

On the ADGA genetics website, when you are searching for a goat, you go by their registered name. To know what the breed of goat is you look at the registration number. The breed of the goat is denoted by the first letter of the registration number, the letters are as follows for breeds:
    A = Alpines
    B = Oberhasli
    C = Sable
    D = Nigerian Dwarf
    E = Experimental
    L = LaMancha
    N = Nubian
    S = Saanen
    T = Toggenburg

It won't show it on the genetics site but on the papers when a G precedes the breed letter, it means Grade. When an A precedes it it means American. On the genetics site it will list the registration number for the goat and then after it in parentheses it will say (PB) for purebred (AM) for american, and (RG) for Recorded Grade, the RG applies only for goats that have unknown ancestry back in the line. Experimentals are usually PB, but there are a few RG experimentals.

10. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Silly me, I always thought PB was peanut butter.

11. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Silly me, I always thought PB was peanut butter.