ADGA

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Dec 18, 2009.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Now for some questions about becoming an ADGA member. :wink: I planned on sending in for my membership and a herdname now,but I think I have to register for a tattoo sequence also. What would I put for that? :? I'm sure I will think of more questions later.. lol

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I can't help with the sequence but i can tell you what was told to me. When you choose your herd tattoo make sure the total of the tattoo would be equal to 4 digits. They can be 5 but the 5 digit pliers are much harder to find.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    choose something simple and easy to remember -- like your initials or the initials of your herd name

can be all letters or numbers or a combo

4. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    They sent me my tatoo combination. It was my intials, then date of birth. I will not post mine, but here are a few examples.
    SL88
    DK96
    EC67

5. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok,I understand it now,thanks :)

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

actually the five digiet pliers are easy to find caprine supply and hoeggers both have them They are the 5/16 size. Having a three digit tattoo works best for me because when i go to tattoo my whethers i have to add WA in front of my herd tattoo. My neighbor has a four digit tattoo and she always has to line up the pliers and tattoo one ear twice. its a big pain.
    beth

7. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    For breeds,it says Purebred,American,and grade. Right now,I don't have any goats that are registered,I have a Alpine/Nubian cross doe who is bred for 50% Alpine kids,and I plan on buying a registered Alpine in spring, but should I just write a line through all of them or say Grade Alpine?

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that can be changed whenever you choose - pick the breed you plan to raise or breed. :thumb: