Adoptive mom

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by ettasmama, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ettasmama

ettasmama New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Nebraska
    Now I know a little how adoptive parent's must feel. I am waiting for my ND doe, Iris, to kid any day now. Until 2 weeks ago I had a real dilemma as it seemed that our county health dept was not going to approve a permit and we were going to have to be illegal or give up on the endeavor. I was avoiding even getting on this site for monthes, even though it has such great info, but I was stressed just thinking about my situation. But now it seems we are headed towards finally being able to legally bring our two girls home and their babies!! Although we will have to find homes for the babes rather quickly since we can't really build a herd in our backyard. She is expecting at least twins it seems. Oh so excited!

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is exciting...glad you are able to have them.... :hug: :thumbup:

We missed seeing you around here....and hope to see you more often.... :wink:

3. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    Glad you will be able to have your baby's at home!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WOW!!! That is a pretty girl!

5. ettasmama

ettasmama New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Nebraska
    You are all so sweet. I think she is pretty too. Can't wait to see what her babies look like and start learning about raising goats, milking, conformation etc.

6. ettasmama

ettasmama New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Nebraska
    Posting here as followup and will post in the announcement section too..

Here they are. Two does. :kidred: :kidred: :) They each have a home as payment to the two individuals who have been boarding my girls. I get to bring mama home soon though. So that is exciting enough for me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so glad you get to keep her at the house. COngrats.

8. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    That sounds like it is working out just right for you! That is terrific! They look wonderful. Are you going to milk your girls?

Jan

9. ettasmama

ettasmama New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Nebraska
    Yes I plan to milk Iris this year as soon as I get her home. My other doe didn't end up breed so likely she won't get bred till this fall since I am rethinking my idea of year-round milking considering how cold this winter was.

10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww Congrats! They are too adorable! And I am so happy to hear you can bring your girls home! I couldn't imagine having to board them somewhere else, I would go crazy if I couldn't go out in the pen throughout the day to see my brats! :)

11. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    I agree...I already feel like I don't get enough time with my animals. Very happy for you!