The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brigie's Boer Goats
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of tube i need i dont have time to buy it off line and wait for it to get here. Can i get some from TSC or Lowes ? What kind do i get? Thanks. It is for a dehydrated adult boer doe not a kid.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I would think a piece of 1" in diameter clear, plastic tubing would work - probably measure from her mouth to the last rib to determine the length. You will also need a block of wood or something with a hole drilled into it to put in the goats mouth to keep her from biting the tubing in two.

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
TCS may sell a drech set for cows, or s bovine supply store...its a bit large but it will work...it comes with a bottle attached
I dont think a piece of wood will be needed..you will go down fairly straight so back teeth should not bit down on it..

Best wishes

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
TCS may sell a drech set for cows, or s bovine supply store...its a bit large but it will work...it comes with a bottle attached
I dont think a piece of wood will be needed..you will go down fairly straight so back teeth should not bit down on it..Best wishes
I've used these to stomach tube an adult goat. It is for "calves" though. Minor detail, but it might make a difference if you were asking someone if they had any. It scared the crap out of me to do it, but I didn't have much to lose as poor Blanch was dying. She lived.
Mine has the plastic probe.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail....ferralID=3d21b329-15ea-11e3-a8bc-001b2166c62d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts