Advertising?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RowdyKidz, Sep 1, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    What are some sites you guys advertise on that get good publicity and help you sell goats? I am still new to the advertising world and am havin a rough time finding free advertising...

Thanks!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    If you go to search above...see if you can find a thread I started awhile ago for the same topic..there was lots of good suggestions in there! :thumb:

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  5. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Yahoo Groups. Go on yahoo, fill out a profile, go to the groups page and find one or more that suits your breed of goats. Most allow sales on Fridays.

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Most of my sales have been from flyers put up at the feed stores and word of mouth.
    Dont forget to contact your local FFA & 4H. We gave them a discount.
    Then be sure to go back to the places you put your flyers up or whatever media is used and thank FFA or 4H in writing.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sometimes... I use craigslist..... and having a website helps to... :wink: :greengrin:

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

My website is the biggest seller for me. I also belong to several yahoo groups and i do friday markets there. I work at one of the local feed stores and we often have people come in looking for goats. I put flyers up on both the cenex boards as well as the bayview feed store. We have a marketplace paper that you can run adds for free, i put them there. I also have a hookup, we have a guy here who rehabilitates raptor birds, if he gets a hold of me i sell him young whethers at a discounted price. he butchers them and uses them for his birds.
    beth

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I am on 3 yahoo groups, so I agree that that is a good way to advertise. But I always check craigslist myself, so???

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Reputation, word of mouth, website, signs at feed stores and such, craigs list ( I list them under the Farm and garden.)

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone! These were all great suggestions and I plan on using them!! Thanks!! :leap: :clap: