Advice needed on pricing does.

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by mistyblue, Jun 22, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I have 2 ND does that I want to sell. They are both registered, around 5yrs old, one is a maiden and one gave me triplets this year. Delanie, who gave me the triplets was milking around a gallon of milk a day. Haley has never been bred and we think maybe sterile, now she has been in with my blue eyed buck for the last 2 months and her teats dropped and appear fuller.

What would you price theses does at?

Halie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Delanie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Depending on pedigree but I would start at 250.00 but if they have some MCH in their imediate background then the price goes up.

If a doe is bred then you can up the price too. I have bred doe, show quality up for sale for 400.00. Now I am not really trying to sell her but if the right person comes along I may. I price high so I can go down IF i have to. But I feel with her pedigree and being bred she should fetch that price.

3. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Well I can't really say.. But whats the market like for dairy does in your area, what are other breeders getting? Genetics...Conformation? All Should play a roll. As far as the seemingly sterile doe.. is she heavy, could she be "over loved", I can't really tell from the pic. I would imagine you could sell her as a pet for a reduced price. Basically you have to have a price that the market in your area can support.. Too much and your going to have a hard time selling them, and to little (based on criteria above) and you are doing yourself an injustice.. HTH :shrug:

Jennah

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well if the one is sterile then she's only as valuable as a pet wether. So around $75+ depending on the price of wethers in your area. The other one, depending on udder, pedigree etc. she could be $200+. Pedigrees go a long way, but so does the individual animals merits.