The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doeling who was born on March 24th 2013 so that would put her at 8 or 9 months old and when she was born she was the runt and was rejected so I had to bottle feed her..she's been on cocosidois prevention and kept up on everything. She just seems so small and this is my first time raising a baby that I've had since birth. She just doesn't seem to be growing and probably is only about 50 lbs. She's getting grain twice a day she gets caprine challenger, BOSS and alfalfa pellets what would be the recommended amount to give her, she's just not growing and I feel like I'm not doing everything I can to support her in growing!): any help or advice would be great!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. Everyone has a individual stall they come into a night so she gets free choice hay to herself when she's in her stall and has her own grain dish like everyone else does. I have 4 adult does that are doing great..she's just the one I'm worried about.

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Since you are feeding Timothy grass hay, you might want to cut out the BOSS and just go with the Caprine Challenger and alfalfa pellets. Reason being is that Timothy carries a protein content of around 10% which is not enough to support growth in a young animal. Caprine Challenger has 18% protein, alfalfa pellets are around 18% protein usually, but the BOSS only has about 7%. By mixing them together you are lowering the protein content of both the challenger and the alfalfa pellets because the BOSS is much lower in protein. I wish I could tell you exactly what your ration is providing protein wise, but I really suck at math! That is why I stick to good goat grower pellets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts