The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My four month old deoe just got her leg stuck in the fence. She is non weight bearing and there is some swelling. I am pretty sure there are no breaks and she can move it. I was thinking maybe banamine. What do you think? I have a show next week. I also don't now the dose?

·
I'm watching you
22,189 Posts
Banamine is 1cc per 100lbs. That would be a good thing for her. Tomorrow you could hose her leg down with cold water to help with the swelling.
Keep watch that her foot doesn't swell. If you see it swelling enough to start pushing her hoof apart, she will need antibiotics as well.

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too. I feel so bad :(. When I gave her the shot she was putting some weight on it. I was so lucky my brother in law was here to get her out quickly. I will be more careful about how closely I put their toys to the fence.

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so this morning she looks better. Mostly just swelling and a little abrasion. She is putting most her weight on it. She is off her feed though. I was wondering should I give her banamine again today and maybe B complex?

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Temp is 103.2. I will go ahead with banamine and vit b. I think she is just hurting. :( Feel so bad. Hopefully she will feel better after banamine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts