The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.....for 2 months now I have had 2 of my boys with crusty ears at base, one loss hair around eyes, hair on bridge of nose and crusty chin.....I have treated for mite, lice, fungus.....with synergize, pythermin (sp?), sevin, antifungal cream and spray (of course not all at once)....wormed with ivermectin, cleaned pen 2x's, limed and sprayed and powdered new bedding! Condition does not get worse, but doesn't get better.......doesn't seem to bother them as much as me! I'm at at loss :GAAH: !

Any advice would appreciated!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: advice on skin issue

I copper supplemented Jake 6 months ago, but Murphy has not been....I was waiting for him to turn a year old.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Do they have free access to loose minerals?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeppers, minerals are out 24/7, then a few times a week I offer them by hand like treats to make sure everyone is getting them

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok.....vet came out this morning for yearly checks and vacc's......he said my 2 boys have a fungus, he said no big deal but to use foot fungus cream everyday for solid 2 weeks.....I had tried that but didn't use it for more than 1 week, he said it takes time to kill the fungus.

Also, so happy my 4 boys got a clean bill of health, said their eyelid coloring looked excellent to him, which I have always worried about Jake, he said I have nothing to worry about. Just keep doing what I'm doing and regular fecals.....I heard him and hubby laughing and talking about how spoiled and how good my boys have it here. He could not believe how big and nice their new indoor pen is. So as ignorant as I was when I brought them home 1&1/2 yrs ago and knew nothing......I'm doing something right, which I credit soooooo much to Stacey and this site and all of you who always have great advice and ideas!

THANK YOU ALL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts