Advise needed!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Victoria, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Oh my goodness gracious sakes of mercy what a weekend!!
    To start on Saturday, my old goat started bleeding from hwer nose. We have had problems with her for such a long time, I decited it was time and we put her down on Saturday..
    Then I took another goat in today for ultrasound to see if she was preggo. She was due on Feb 8th getting no udder what so ever. She was bred to the most awsome buck on the planet who by the way is no longer alive, I put him down in November. I have people including myself waiting for these kids...she is not at all pregnant!!
    Now for the part I really need advise on what to do here..
    I bought a doe from a woman about 150 miles from here. The doe wa 6months old when I bought her, not spose to be bred at all. She is bred, looks like she will be kidding soon. She is a great little doe, the buck that bred her is real nice too. The problem is this..The lady never sent in papers to register the buck. I told her I would pay to get him registered, so I could get a breeding memo. This was four weeks ago, she said she would send in the papers. That was the last email I got from her. I have sent four emails to her fridly type ones, giving updates etc...but haven't heard back from her. So today after all the bad news, I decited to trac down her phone # and call. So I call and the phone is weird, it rings then goes to static..I called again and her daughter was dialing and I got to talk to the daughter who after making me wait for several minutes tells me her mom' s at the store. I told her who I was and why I was calling, please let mum know...She said call back, so in an hour I call back and the phone is doing that funky static thing again.
    So I really am mad at this lady. I knew from the start she was flakey and I think I should just write it off as a loss, and sell unregistered babies. The sad part is the babies are going to be show quality, the lady breeds dogs (AKC type) and knows why I need a breeding memo. So what would you do?? I almost feel like writing her a letter, it's not all that hard to register a goat..I think she is being a poop for what ever reason..
    Anyways, I had to really vent..!! :angry: that's how I feel :veryangry: and that :( and that. My daughter wanted to keep a doe from this breeding too, so now what!!?? :sigh:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would try calling her again. Sometimes phone lines can have difficulties. We had that a little while back and it was so anoying!

After talking to her directly then I would go from there. But until you actually speak with the lady I wouldnt write it off. Try your best to stay calm and she should come around.

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well I would try to contact her and talk and if it doesn't end like you want just pet the kids out. If these kids will be that show quality then just breed her to a new great buck and keep the kids from that crossing. That's about all you can do.

There could be more in the equation here. She may never have gotten papers for him or something was lacking therefore making it impossible to register him. Or there could be even more issues why she wouldn't do it. Who knows.

Good luck.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have somewhat gone therough the same thing and it is abit frustrating - but if she is not willing to give up the papers, there really is not much that can be done.

I would talk to her and maybe she is wanting a "stud" fee on top on the registration papers - who knows.

I sure hope that things get worked out either way for you though :hug:

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I know she has the papers, I talked to the breeder the buck came from and she has his papers.

I did call and got ahold of her daughter twice now, both times her mum can't come to the phone..I am irritated as I know all she has to do is send the papers in and won't do it!!
    I am gonna try calling again tonight, then write it off, but danggit it makes me mad..I even offered to pay to register him..
    Oh well, such is life, atleast I got a great little doe for a song!!
    She had the does shipped from New Mexico to Oregon and fairly gave them away!

6. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Okay, so after lots of persistance I got ahold of the goat lady..
    She is totally crazy, and I don't know what to think of it!
    She ow wants to sell me her two really nice bucks for 200.00....
    I have to do it!! I don't need two more bucks..but how can I say no??!
    I can atleast keep the nicer of the two and find a good home for #2, or have
    a wether..hmmm...it's really far and a scary drive...It is out the Oregon Gorge, along the Columbia River, I swear my car was going to fly away last time I went!!
    Anyways, so I got it all squared away with the papers, thanks for letting me vent,
    and thanks for your kind advise..

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so when do you go to pick them up? thats great that you will be able to register the kids. Can you get the previous lady to give you a transfer so you dont have to pay for both transfers?

8. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    They are not yet registered, so i have to just send in the papers to register them...
    But yes, any transfers I need I will just get from Shannon, the breeder..
    I am so excited!

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great!

It certainly was good that you stuck with it and got a hold of her.

10. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Oh, I am not sure when Iw ill b able to pick them up..
    it is a very hairy drive in the winter, so I will wait for clear weather!!
    I am pretty excited!!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    are you certain she will hold onto them till then?

12. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    They have been for sale since September,
    she lives in a very very remote area, scary drive, and not able to travel w/
    the goats, so I am sure she will still have them!

13. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's great you got it all fixed Victoria! I think I know of the two buck's you're talking about. Both from Poppy Patch?? I was looking at getting one of them, but just couldn't find the time to drive all the way down there. They sounded and looked(from pics) really nice,,,congrats!!

14. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Yep, I think me and Olivia are getting them!!
    I really don't need another buck though..
    but I can't pass it up!! I hope she will
    change her ways and meet me half way!! :greengrin: