The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... in April, our lil buck accidentally got out and got into Bandit's pen. I think he nailed her. But I am hoping she is not prego!!

And apparently he MAY have gotten our Alice too, though I never saw him get her.

I am giving you pics of both of their backsides in hopes you can maybe tell me your thoughts on whether or not either one is prego! :D

Bandit's backside:

Alice's backside:

Alice's belly:

I really think Alice may be prego! Sneaky lil Jackson ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: After an accident, pooch test please?

Ack! Noooo!! :p So when should I stop milking Bandit then? Poor Bandit. her triplets are only 5 months old :( She has no belly on her like Alice though. Alice really pooked out there! :p

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

I'd start drying her off now, as they'd be due sometime in September it will give her time to condition herself as well as prepare for her next lactation.....BTW I can't wait to see what a ND/Alpine looks like! Jackson matured earlier than his daddy Chief, Chief wasn't interested in girls til he was 7 months old!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If he got Alice, I would say it was earlier even, cuz she is looking pretty tubby... although no udder yet...

He is only 7 months old NOW!! ACK!! I guess I should start drying her off then? Bummer. I was so enjoying milking her.

Little stinker, he climbed up steps and JUMPED a good long ways into the pen to get Bandit. You are pretty positive about that one (Bandit), then? haha (I am in denial... worse than if it was one of my daughters, I think! LOL)

Actually Alice is a Boer/milker cross. She has four teats, so do you think that will make her harder to milk?

Belle is my Alpine :) If he can get her and she will let him AND if she will take, I hope to see what that cross looks like myself ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I know it is blurry, but here is a pic of Jilly's backside. Please tell me she is NOT prego! She is too little yet! But since I never even knew Jackson got Alice, I guess it is a possibility :(

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so y'all are gonna have to tell me what makes them look bred, because I cannot tell anything.

What should I do for Jilly in case she is bred? Because she is pretty tiny :(

I felt under Bandit's belly tonight and I feel nothing. But I can feel babies under Alice's belly :)

(Or at least I think I can.)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I can definitely feel Bandit's babies!! :D Now that I am not pouting over losing the milk, I am a little excited about it. I took another pic of Jilly.

I tried and tried and never felt anything on her tonight. But I am a novice, so you know... :p

Here you can see how tiny she is, beside the van tire. She was born in November, and is only 18 lbs. We weighed her this evening.

this is the best I can do as far as not blurry!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
She still has "baby teats"....and the swollen look to her vulva could be due to a heat, it's the "all out there" look of her anus and vulva that has me thinking yes. If she's preggy and due around 9/5 I would think her teats would have a more "mature" look to them, she still has a little more than 6 weeks to her "due date" and in my experience with FF, they tend to start an udder at about 6-8 weeks prior. Even if it is a bitty udder, there is still something there, if there is no chance that Jackson got out and after her at a later date then I would be inclined to say that she's not preggy at this point.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He couldn't have got her after that, because we moved him to his house :D

I so hope she isnt!!!! I will take some more pics here in the next few weeks and see whatcha think! Thank you Liz and Stacey :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts